• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

pre tournament games

omnisbrain

I am looking to start an insane tournament..(that's more fun than serious) I want to have the most unique pregames. About 10.. But I need more ideas.. GO

Like what? Kan Jam? Ring of fire?

I once played a tourney where everyone got a beat up DX disc in player's pack. Before tee off, everyone lined up and threw at the same time for a CTP using that disc.

I like that I have a bunch of never claimed beat up discs.. That would be perfect.
We're shooting for a 3 day tourney where day one is just random fun

Horseshoes is a legit classic. So easy to setup, play, and be competive with.

... I need to add a kit to my disc golf action van

Two quick ones, came to post them, and also to get ideas for my event in August. I LOVE side games.

I did this one last event, very easy, gonna do it again:
Simon Says - I flip a disc, then the whole group flips. The players that land the same as me stay in, until there's one left. Great quick game and gets a prize to someone not based on skill, unlike the CTP, Long Putt, etc.

Firing Squad - Still planning this one. Going to line up players with their bag about 40' off the road (private road going to the parking area). Going to have a basket on the back of a trailer. Going to drive about 10mph and players get one shot as the basket passes by (inspiration from Lizotte of course) If multiple players hit it, we'll drive by again the other way. After that, if there's a tie, I'll back them up to 55' or so, and let them empty the bag at the stationary basket until one hits it for the win.

Oh yes one tourney that got minis in the player pack had two mini holes as part of the 18. It was the birdie bash so no real issue with high scores, just the chance to score points for birdies or better

The day one tourney will have a different issue per each hole..
Hole 1 disc must be thrown upside down drive to putt
Hole 2 is a mini only hole
Hole 3 drive must be sidearm
Hole 4 everyone must use a putter start to finish (600ft)
Hole 5 everyone stand in a circle and trade discs with the person to your right
Hole 6 tomahawk drive only
Hole 7 throw 2 shots play worst shot
Hole 8 everyone stand behind painted line and drive at the same time
Hole 9 roller drive

One side game will be a pyramid of hay bales with a basket in the middle and everyone gets to try for $2 a throw (one person at a time) from 100' out and the first one to sink it will win the basket.

Also gonna try half court basketball net with discs ring of fire style elimination for concert tickets

If you're familiar with basketball knockout, that works well as a putting game. Basically everyone gets in a line at a mark (usually 15' to 20' away). If you make the putt, you're good. If you miss, the guy behind you has a chance to put you out by making their put before you can get to another mark and putt it in. When you make a putt you back to the end of the line. You just keep going until only one person left.

Horse or Pig also work well as a putting game.

One side game will be a pyramid of hay bales with a basket in the middle and everyone gets to try for $2 a throw (one person at a time) from 100' out and the first one to sink it will win the basket.

reasonably sure it'll take at least 75 throws to sink one? pretty big gamble seems to me.

I'd say get $5 buy ins from enough people, then let them shoot away in some controlled fashion.

Putting contest on regulation basket.
Kan Jam.
Suzie Sticks.
Radar gun drive into a net (speed check)
Horse shoes
Freestyle
Guts
Longest time aloft
Roller comp.
Mini comp.
blindfold
offhand
mini basket

Set up a mini 9 holer with $5 buy in and raffle tickets given for best score per hole in the group (3 player minimum)

Fun game we play is sidearm,roller,backhand. Basically you play a round and complete a hole using the type of shots, but after you use it you can't throw it again until you go through all the others. If I throw a backhand off the tee, I can no longer use a backhand on that hole and possibly the next hole if I birdie it. If I get to the green and have used all my shots except roller, then I'd have to throw a roller before putting out backhand or sidearm. Rollers can be forehand or backhand, but they have to be thrown as rollers.

are these games to play BEFORE the round or DURING the round? now i'm confused

Latest posts