• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Prettiest Course

Kerieakes in Bowling Green, or Idlewild.. then again, the Lake Cumberland State Resort course is really nice - on an old ball golf course overlooking the lake.

Hampton Park in Charleston SC. Problem is that it is not a permanent course, they only set it up in December for a weekend tourney.

Without a doubt. Out of over 50 courses played, Idlewild was the pretiest of them all.

Out of all the courses I've played, the prettiest has to be Flip City. It is well kept and the designs that Bill has put out on the Fairways with all the rocks and everything else just adds to that unique look which I think is great. Nice job Bill.

here we go again. idlewild vs. flip city:)

here we go again. idlewild vs. flip city:)

No, those (like you) that constantly say "Idlewild vs Flip" are the only ones starting this supposed battle. Kind of like the fat kid that stands on the outskirts of a school yard fight and eggs on both fighters.

Both are remarkable courses in their own right.

I imagine thought that the terrain of Hawaii and the west coast mountains make for amazing looking courses.

Although I have yet to play it, I have heard that Stafford Lake / Novato is one of the most beautiful courses in the world.

I would think that Whistler's Bend would be pretty high on the list.

Whistler's Bend deserves a mention here. The Umpqua River is beautiful and surrounds almost the entire course.

Just Looked at the Pictures, and Wow!

Having not played many courses, I would say Whistler Disc Golf Course.

The pictures on this site do not do it justice.

:eek::eek::eek: Wow! I agree, even the pictures look amazing.
I'm going on a 10 day Snowboarding trip to Whistler in March. Is this course open year-round? If so, I'm gonna have to sneak away to play it

Here are some shots of Whistler's Bend. I wish I had more "course" fotos, but I was photographing a tournament, so almost all of my shots are focused on golfers. Gives you an idea though.

whistler01.jpg

636 foot shot, almost straight down.
whistler02.jpg

Zoomed in shot from the tee pad for the above shot.
whistlers03.jpg

There is a 35' cliff about 40 feet from the basket that goes straight into the water. It can make these "trivial putts" a little more nerve racking.
whistlers04.jpg

Awesome tee pad location.

Also, my friend Matt does a lot of disc golf videos. Here is one that was shot entirely with footage from Whistler's Bend. Check out his other videos as well to see more Whistler's as well as Milo, Pier, and other Oregon courses.

Whistler's Bend Video
(make sure to watch in "high quality")

-gwillim

Last edited:
Sweet pictures. I am dying to play there, and here nothing but great things about it. When traveling there are there any courses by it worth stopping for or is being there enough?

Sweet pictures. I am dying to play there, and here nothing but great things about it. When traveling there are there any courses by it worth stopping for or is being there enough?

You should consider playing Dexter either on your way down, or on your way back. But as to other courses near Whistler's, I'd say just play Whistler's from the moment you get there until your legs fall off. Nothing in that area is worth missing out on one more round of Whistler's for.

Nockamixon near Allentown, PA. Simply breathtaking, and one of the most challenging courses you will ever see.

The Woodshed and The Whippin' Post in PawPaw, WV.

Not to get all name droppy, because I am NOT in the cool crowd by any stretch, but I did ask Ken Climo this exact question once. "What's the most beautiful course you've ever played?" He really stewed on it for a minute, not sure which one to pick, and then he finally and definitively settled on the back nine of a course he had recently played in Japan. Sorry -- can't remember which one. So, that's our celebrity answer to this thread!

(P.S. To prevent any appearance of exaggeration, I just met KC one time and talked to him for about 10 minutes.) :)

For me, it's hard to beat the massive, majestic scenery of the Aspen and Snowmass ski resort courses in Colorado. But I also have a special affection for rolling grass and tall trees, so Blue Ribbon Pines (Minn.), Borderland State Park (Mass.), and Ewing Park (Iowa) come to mind. I just love a well-groomed, classy course with a healthy dose of trees.

Oh, ditto on Borderlands in MA -- that is an unbelievably beautiful course, and the old stone mansion in the middle of it is an unusual feature. The stone walls everywhere, the massive rocks, the beauty of the lake... yeah, it's an A-list course for challenge, design and aesthetics.

Here are some shots of Whistler's Bend.

Wow! Breath taking.

[FONT=&quot]"One of the best courses in the world. Possibly the best land for a course ever, best views." -Ben Calhoun[/FONT]

Last edited:
For me, it's hard to beat the massive, majestic scenery of the Aspen and Snowmass ski resort courses in Colorado. But I also have a special affection for rolling grass and tall trees, so Blue Ribbon Pines (Minn.), Borderland State Park (Mass.), and Ewing Park (Iowa) come to mind. I just love a well-groomed, classy course with a healthy dose of trees.

Luke,

You've covered a lot of territory! I totally agree on the well groomed, rolling grass, tall trees courses. All of your suggestions are now in my Wish List. I think you'd really like Lake Russell in Elberton GA too.

Latest posts