• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Private course at home

Phantom Falls is my project.

I REALLY want to play that course. If I ever get around to getting out to CO again, I'm hitting you up to see if I can.

I have aspirations of eventually placing a course (a real one, not just some temp baskets placed around) on my land someday. I'm a senior in college right now, and I've started looking at houses/property around the area I'll be working. I've pretty much refused to look at properties with less that 15 acres. I'd love to get my hands on a 40+ acre property.

Within a day trip of me I can think of someone who lives on a disc golf course (but the owners don't play)....a couple of farms with courses (don't know if the owners play, but you'd think they'd at least try), a private course closed due to government bureaucracy---plus a cluster of private courses in the NC mountains, of which I'm sure at least some are on property owned by the disc golfers. Oh, yeah, and those Stoney Hill guys.

I'm building a home course in California. Got 4 baskets set up, looking to add a couple more. No pics yet but the course is really cool. There's major elevation changes, huge hucks, downhill shots, and a nice balance of wooded versus open holes.

The first experience I got playing a private course was the Soaring South in Gulfport, MS. It was on some guy's farm with all his livestock all over the course. Decent course, water hazards on every hole, but livestock $*!@ everywhere. Last I heard it was closed though.

Holler In The Hills in Brownsville, KY is another private course that was in the top 10 a few months ago. Check out the pictures there for some ideas on what can be done with limited land available. Its got some really creative ways to incorporate elevation changes, woods, and boulders if you want to venture down that path.

Over thanksgiving I started making a basket and since then I have created three holes going to the same basket. With X-mas coming up I hope to have some more money to make a few more baskets.
picture.php
164 ft.
picture.php
110 ft.
picture.php
175 ft.

If you're talking about an actual course---not 9 or 18 different throws crisscrossing the same yard---there are plenty. Check out many of the private courses on this site. If you've got a disc golfer with available land, eventually you'll have a course.

Ain't that the truth. When I lived about 20 miles south of where I live now, i have about 7 acres. I would take my 3 portable baskets and position them in areas and take orange outside paint and make 6 tees per basket. After two or three times mowing the grass, it would be time for a new design.

I hate that I don't have enough land anymore. My inlaws have 80 acres in Jonesville, SC. I've got an object course there...just can't talk my father in-law into buying baskets...yet...

Over thanksgiving I started making a basket and since then I have created three holes going to the same basket. With X-mas coming up I hope to have some more money to make a few more baskets.
picture.php
164 ft.
picture.php
110 ft.
picture.php
175 ft.

Looks familiar...isn't this the "course" that was added, reviewed thrice (getting ratings from one end of the spectrum to the other!), and promptly removed after the 3rd "review" stated the course was a joke? :p

I've got enough of a yard that I'll be able to throw something together once the wife gets me the portable for my birthday in January. It'll be the kind of course you aren't allowed to play sober, unless you're one of my children.

yea I just put it up there for fun and listed it as a practice course, had no idea that was against some rules. People actually complained... losers

I have 9 acres, 7 baskets, and 2 tone targets. I have a course designed that I can play forward and backward so I use each basket/target twice I also have a basket with 3 holes playing to it so I can play 20, 18, or a short circle of 12, but of course I can always turn around and play the other direction whenever I want. My holes range from 195' to 400' and are all in the woods with anywhere from 8-20 foot wide fairways most are about 12' wide. With them being played forward and backward I have the same number of right and left curving holes so it is good practice I have wanted to get somebody over that throws sidearm so they can tell me what I need to do off the tee for sidearm throwers. Of course I spend a lot more time working on my course than playing there is always something that needs doing.

If I can even get 20 acres to live on, I would only use 1 for myself and have the other 19 for a course. The baskets and materials are easy, it's finding the perfect spot to plop my flag down.

Here's a thread started by another member who made his own home course with a nice layout. At the end of thread, I added some of my own pics, but those are from my local park. Living in the city, I don't have quite enough room for my own 'private' course. Maybe one day :)

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1491&highlight=make

Dixie Lee. It is on my wish list.

Thanks guys! Yup, Dixie Lee is mine. I had no idea when I started playing dg that I'd get this into it. With the closest courses an hour away in any direction, I had no choice. And when I started on the course, I had no idea it would turn into a 9 basket layout. I originally had one ebay basket and two portable Skillshots. I hated having to move them all of the time, though. Thus, the Dixie Lee DGC.

I also posted several pictures of other local places where I set up my portables for practice in the other thread dodgeball posted. Some day, there will be another course in the Cumberland, MD area!

Here's the Dixie Lee course page... complete with a couple videos. I really need help! :p

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=3839

I have built a basket out of bomb fins and ammo boxes and have it set up with about 7 different holes. working on my second different design so I can expand my playing.

Attachments

• bomb fin basket.jpeg
    bomb fin basket.jpeg
    32.8 KB · Views: 79
Wildapple!

Wildapple Disc Golf in Osseo WI is mine. It was my yard, my woods and my sheep pasture before I became addicted to disc golf. Soon it will get an upgrade to 18 championship baskets! Yup, you heard it here first! :clap:

Nice to see you here tick. For everyone else, man is getting close to having a championship layout in his back yard.

Now that it is finally nice out I made some updates to my backyard - 3 hole "course". Updated a tee pad today and put some tee signs and course sign, that I made over the winter, out. Here are some pics:
0203012357.jpg
course sign
0417011730.jpg
hole #1
0417011729.jpg
basket w/ sign in background
0417011728.jpg
new cobble stone "like" tee pad. You can see the real graveyard in that pic

Latest posts