• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Private course at home

Been working on my backyard course this fall. Up to 6 holes with 3 baskets. (1 alternate hole). Here is a video I put together of what I have so far.

Last edited:
I just built my own practice course using tone poles (sawed off scuba tanks on pvc pipe or old fence posts). I hopefully will be able to slowly integrate baskets as funds become available and more holes and make it a 9-18 hole course that doesn't share targets. The tee areas are just mowed shorter than the rest of the course so I can set new tees when I want. It is set up as a nine hole course where 4 of the tone poles are used twice. Here is a Google Earth image with distance marked next to the tee numbers.

Attachments

• Final Layout with footage.jpg
    Final Layout with footage.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
I don't have room for a course, but my Mom has a couple of acres down in Sierra Vista, AZ. It's covered in mesquite trees and cats claw. But it has an old horse corral clearing where I set up a basket. I put nine tees around the property ranging from about 150' to 300'. Got an ace on one of them last time I was down there. Pretty fun, but very easy to get ripped to shreds!!

Simple Pleasures

Last summer I began working on a design that flows through the woods and fields of my grandfathers farm. Currently I am up to 14 holes with really only 2 holes I would classifly as "filler" holes. No two holes are the same and elevation comes into play on every hole except 1. I always enjoy and encourage new players to the course and when the gold layout gets complete, it will be the craziest/hardest/most physically demanding course that I can think of
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=4741

Latest posts