• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Private courses in MN - Bethel, Downs Farm, Church courses

slimshadyemb

Birdie Member
I WANT TO PLAY THESE!!!

Bethel wants you to be the invitee of a student. There are a bunch of people who have posted favorable reviews of this place, most of whom seemed to have snuck on. I am going to play this course, but would love to do it legitimately, with a guide. If you are a student here, PM me if you are interested in showing a noobie around

Downs Farm - this was listed on the website up until this past year. Had pretty good reviews, seemed like kind of a neat experience. Anyone in the area know if this place still exists? If it does or doesn't, let me know please!!!

Any of the church courses (most specifically Union Gospel Church) worth playing? I'm assuming all I really have to do is make a phone call and ask, but would love to know if anyone has seen one of these and if I should even bother

Would love to get any additional information in my quest to play every course in the Twin Cities!!! Please help!

The union gospel course should not even be listed here. It is not at a church, it is at a rehabilitation facility. The clients there do not need people on their grounds. Cross that one off your list.

Besides, it's really small and ignorable. I haven't played it, but....as it is the closest "course" to me, I have looked at Google Earth, and peered at it from the street. Now I know that I'd rather drive the hour it takes to get to 10 or 12 other, public, courses I haven't played yet.

But if you wrangle an invite to Bethel, bring me along.

Just go play Beathel and play. Right now is the best time when school is out.

I WANT TO PLAY THESE!!!

Bethel wants you to be the invitee of a student. There are a bunch of people who have posted favorable reviews of this place, most of whom seemed to have snuck on. I am going to play this course, but would love to do it legitimately, with a guide. If you are a student here, PM me if you are interested in showing a noobie around

Downs Farm - this was listed on the website up until this past year. Had pretty good reviews, seemed like kind of a neat experience. Anyone in the area know if this place still exists? If it does or doesn't, let me know please!!!

Any of the church courses (most specifically Union Gospel Church) worth playing? I'm assuming all I really have to do is make a phone call and ask, but would love to know if anyone has seen one of these and if I should even bother

Would love to get any additional information in my quest to play every course in the Twin Cities!!! Please help!

Ive been known to sneak on a course or two in my day assuming I could talk my way out of it if I got into trouble. I had every intent to play union gospel early on a saturday assuming i could get in and out before anyone noticed but when I saw the sign that said no public entry it became not worth the risk . . . it cant be that great of a course that if I dont end up playing it so be it, but I will make an effort again next time Im in the cities. So I just headed over to Bethel instead and played it really quick before there was any other activity in the area where the course is. Plus it was right after school was out for the year so I didnt expect a lot of people but the seminary students apparently live there year round because there were a lot of cars in that area in the housing that the course surrounds.

No ticket and another course played, regardless I think I would be able to explain my way out of it, can't I just flash my DGCR Diamond Reviewer Wood Mini, doesn't the world know about those?

Downs Farm is next on my list along with the far westerly side of the cities since I havent been out that way. I have only missed 2 or 3 courses inside the 494/694 loop so I need to start venturing outward!

I just heard that GE installed a course on their south metro campus. Has anybody heard where this is, and if it's playable?

Down's Farm has a casual league going at 6pm on Mondays. I believe it's free, they compete for MFA bag tags, and they probably do some side bets and I think a DF league bag tag. Some really solid players are involved with that. I've never played it since I live in Forest Lake and it's in Chaska!

Down's Farm has a casual league going at 6pm on Mondays. I believe it's free, they compete for MFA bag tags, and they probably do some side bets and I think a DF league bag tag. Some really solid players are involved with that. I've never played it since I live in Forest Lake and it's in Chaska!

Monday night league is a good time. A little low on player count this year, but most who show up are quality. I am sure Bob would love to have you show up. We do singles and team rounds. Team needs to be at least 3 players. If you don't have 3 players you can just blend in with another team.

Also, Bob is hosting a tournament this Saturday for Chaska's "River City Days". more info: http://www.chaskarivercitydays.com/DiscGolf.htm

I had no issues playing Bethel. No one walked up and said "What are you doing wandering around outside?" No one looked at me and made me feel like I was in the wrong. Friendly, no beer or drugs, no littering, and no loitering for no reason and you should be fine.

I had no issues playing Bethel. No one walked up and said "What are you doing wandering around outside?" No one looked at me and made me feel like I was in the wrong. Friendly, no beer or drugs, no littering, and no loitering for no reason and you should be fine.

Just because you can get away with it, doesn't make it right.

Instead, sign up for:

"PEA110Q • Disc Golf (fall, spring) 1 credit

An introduction to the game of disc golf. Includes history, equipment, etiquette, rules, technique, scoring, and playing of the sport at the disc golf course."

Latest posts