• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Pro Pig vs ESP Zone

I've carried a Pro Pig and ESP Zone, and their flight/stability is really quite similar. I stuck with the ESP Zone for a couple reasons. I like the lower profile of the Zone for driving better than the putter-type profile of the Pig and the ESP plastic is a lot more durable than the Pro and especially the R-Pro.

with all the wind and shorter elevation hole around here I cant see getting rid of my pig ever.

I have an R-pro Pig as well as a Z-flx Zone and both feel great in the hand (particularly for forehands which is 75% what I'm using them for)

They start out about equally stable (bricks) but the R-pro beats in faster (goes from brick to just meat hook)
Pig is good but it just can't touch the Zone which I must agree is one of the greatest discs ever made. Zone just comes out so incredibly clean on every forehand (like no other disc this side of a speed 10). I can flick the zone for a 130' upshot or throw flick it full power for a 300' upshot/drive. Never coming out of the bag

For me the Pro Pig feels better in the hand for BH and the Zone feels better for the FH

I would bag the Zone over my current AX3/Mortar combo if I had more limited bag space. Like the Zone, but find myself overshooting greens with it more often that I would like. That's just my bad though as I am more used to a champ Rhyno or AX3; something a little slower.

I can't get behind the Pig because unlike Ricky I don't have free reign of the warehouse to find one that floats my boat. Not typically a fan of RPro.

I can't get behind the Pig because unlike Ricky I don't have free reign of the warehouse to find one that floats my boat. Not typically a fan of RPro.

The stiff pro ones from the factory store are pretty nice and are very controllable. No idea how consistent they are though.

I hope they will release some good new runs in nice plastic with Ricky picking them up. I also really like throwing the zone (who doesn't) but it's just too fast and goes too far when thrown at full power with a FH. When I power it down slightly I throw it too short. Definitely my mistake but being that I throw about 5 FH shots a week I gotta have the disc do the thinking for me.