• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Pro Vs. R Pro Rhyno

QuinnAA199

Par Member
What are the differences in the Pro Vs. R Pro Rhynos? What makes them worth more money? What colors are the rarest to most common. Thanks in advance.

From what I've heard, the R-Pros don't break in as nicely or slowly as the old Pros, so the Pros are more sought after.

The r-pros are crap IMO. They beat in really fast and easily get warped in any kind of heat. The flight plate creases easily... No bueno

I like pros because they have the nice grip, but most are not nearly as soft and floppy as r pro. Some can be pretty soft, but the stiffer ones are awesome.

R-Pros tend to be more gummy, but slick as well. Some R-Pros are labeled R-Pro, but feel like the Pros during the transitional period. There are a few different runs of Pro. In the beginning, they felt soft and chalky like the Pro Lines. Towards the end they became stiffer but still had a grippy feeling.

Pros were readily available in white, white, and white. Rare colors are anything but white. Orange, yellow, red, blue, and green were available to my knowledge.

R-Pros seem to be available in a ton of colors, but white is very common. Go figure.

I don't throw rhynos at all but when it comes to my Pigs, Pro beats the snot out of r-pro. R-Pro is just cheap, beats in too quickly and loses its flight characterists. Pro feels better imo, stays true longer and wears over time better.

What about champion rhynos. I love my r pro rhyno and don't want to start buying oop plastic. How do you champion rhyno throwers like them compared to r pro. Does the champion drasticly change the flight?

Sorry for the thread drift I just wanted to ask this since we are discussing rhynos.

I throw the shat out of rhynos so I will chime in here. I putt with soft pro's and drive with champs.
Pro vs r-pro
Difference in feel of plastic ( only slight). Both plastics have varying degrees of stiffness ranging from firm to soft. If you pick up a pile of both you can find firm or soft in pro or r-pro. Some of us prefer a very specific feel. Both pro and r-pro will not hold up to many tree hits this is why I drive with the champs. I will not putt with a new pro or r-pro putter, they need to have a bit of the stability knocked outta them for 30 -50 putts to fly straight.

Champ vs pro flight
Champ rhynos are quite a bit more stable than pro's. Champ rhynos will still survive hundreds of tree hits, pro's will start to fly different after 5-10 tree hits. I use beat to hell pro for turnover shots and hyzer flip anny shots.

As someone who is very picky about my pro rhyno putter I will tell you that it is all in one's head, I could switch to a suitable r-pro without missing a beat.

Throw whatever feels right in your hand and to your pocket.

Last edited:
so how about ones that say proline rhyno...i'm pretty sure this thing has age....i bought a bag filled with nice plastic at a garage sale and this old proline rhyno was some of my treasure....

I have thrown rhynos of varying plastics over the past 6 years. The only plastic I didn't care for in a Rhyno is Star plastic. Just never could get into it, even the CFR star gummy ones. I am liking the XG gummy champion Rhynos. The one I am currently using now is a day glo factory second one. One complaint for me, just a personal one, is that when I putt hard and hit dead center pole and chain, it bounces back out. It will sometimes go through the chains and out the backside. With that said I still make more than I lose to fly outs.

I throw the shat out of rhynos so I will chime in here. I putt with soft pro's and drive with champs.
Pro vs r-pro
Difference in feel of plastic ( only slight). Both plastics have varying degrees of stiffness ranging from firm to soft. If you pick up a pile of both you can find firm or soft in pro or r-pro. Some of us prefer a very specific feel. Both pro and r-pro will not hold up to many tree hits this is why I drive with the champs. I will not putt with a new pro or r-pro putter, they need to have a bit of the stability knocked outta them for 30 -50 putts to fly straight.

Champ vs pro flight
Champ rhynos are quite a bit more stable than pro's. Champ rhynos will still survive hundreds of tree hits, pro's will start to fly different after 5-10 tree hits. I use beat to hell pro for turnover shots and hyzer flip anny shots.

As someone who is very picky about my pro rhyno putter I will tell you that it is all in one's head, I could switch to a suitable r-pro without missing a beat.
Throw whatever feels right in your hand and to your pocket.

This is soooooo true. Really no big difference just in the head. R-pro beats in almost the same as Pro IMO and when the Pig stopped being produced in Pro I switched to and R-Pro and noticed no real difference.

I accidentally left an R-Pro Rhyno on the course last year. Can't say that I miss it.

Speaking of Pro-line & Special Edition Rhynos, someone message me if you'd like to get rid of one of yours.. Cash or trades ready!
:)

Latest posts