• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

problem with fade bag...

Very glad to hear this. Fade makes a decent bag at a great price--fruity colors notwithstanding!

Ive had their tourney bag for about 3 months now and play 3-6 times a week and mine is still like brand new, it draws a lot of attention cause most around here use the innova bag and have never seen the fade. Everyone seems to like it

Hey I have a pumpkin colored bag (orange), don't you call my bag fruity:rolleyes:

I was one of the first to have one around here. I now have several friends that have one. We all love our bags.

That Howler Monkey must've been hungover...

Or maybe he was thinking about that cute Capucchin (working the corner with the organ grinder) he passed on his way to work at FADE's test facility that morning.:rolleyes:
old reference to an automobile plant and the quality of vehicles produced on those days which the workers might be A)still hung over from the weekend, or B)got their mind on friday night, both instances where they might not be paying particular attention to their work and jack some stuff up...

As someone working in the auto industry, I can say there used to be more than a shred of truth to that (sometimes, way more depending on the individual employee).

The good news is that over the past couple of decades (and it's taken that long), jobs in U.S. auto plants have been "engineered" to reduce and eliminate (where possible) the possibility of human error. Don't get me wrong - I'm not claiming they've perfected building cars. I'm just saying Detroit's made Superman like leaps and bounds in idiot proofing their plants. Granted, they could only make huge improvements because there was so much room for improvement, and did so only because Toyota and Honda were running circles around them in quality.

But today, even if Joe plant guy is hung over or got his mind elsewhere, processes are set up where things can pretty much only happen one way. They've put corrective actions in place, and quite honestly, dumbed the jobs down, so that it's simply a lot harder to $%# things up.

I'm not claiming Detroit's product's are any better (or any worse) than the imports. That's for consumers to decide. I'm just telling you what I know - take it for what it's worth.

Or maybe he was thinking about that cute Capucchin (working the corner with the organ grinder) he passed on his way to work at FADE's test facility that morning.:rolleyes:

As someone working in the auto industry, I can say there used to be more than a shred of truth to that (sometimes, way more depending on the individual employee).

The good news is that over the past couple of decades (and it's taken that long), jobs in U.S. auto plants have been "engineered" to reduce and eliminate (where possible) the possibility of human error. Don't get me wrong - I'm not claiming they've perfected building cars. I'm just saying Detroit's made Superman like leaps and bounds in idiot proofing their plants. Granted, they could only make huge improvements because there was so much room for improvement, and did so only because Toyota and Honda were running circles around them in quality.

But today, even if Joe plant guy is hung over or got his mind elsewhere, processes are set up where things can pretty much only happen one way. They've put corrective actions in place, and quite honestly, dumbed the jobs down, so that it's simply a lot harder to $%# things up.

I'm not claiming Detroit's product's are any better (or any worse) than the imports. That's for consumers to decide. I'm just telling you what I know - take it for what it's worth.

That doesn't surprise me. As far as what is better than the other I have a hard time saying that one demographic has better cars then the other. Used to be that Japan made everything but full sized pickups and vise versa. US manufactures seemed to put less emphasis on small sedans. (just my opinion) But my work truck is a Chevy 2500 and is running strong with 365,000 miles on it. We have replaced some seals and other things that go over time. But all in all great truck, and I love my lil Honda as well. Hell I just love cars.

But to not thread jack back to Fade.

I love their product there customer service has been gone above and beyond what I expected. As mentioned in the prior posts the main guy delivered a bag locally and played a round with his customer. Now that is some dedication to your product line, and customers service. After hearing that story along with my own experiences they are my new favorite and will be my only disc golf bag company.

Last edited:
I was thinking about buying a new bag this offseason and a preliminary search led me to think the Fade looked like the best deal for what I wanted.

I was always keeping an eye on "bag threads" to see if anything would change my mind (a new awesome design, a big sale, whatever).

When this thread started, I thought, "Well there you go. That's how they sell those great looking bags so cheap. Guess I'll keep looking for something else..."

But now I'm even more committed to picking up one of these Fade bags this winter. Sounds like a company I can be happy to give my hard earned cash to!!:)

Thanks for the thread!

Wow, I am glad I didn't screw anybody over or I would have been ripped to shreds on here.

Hey, I was a recipient of a BAD customer service experience more than once and there is no reason to dish that out to someone else. It is bad Karma. Right Grover? It usually comes from someone who has no ownership in the company or product. Or perhaps they were never properly trained or empowered to do the right thing.

We are a smallish, home-grown company with what I think is the right attitude. Start a company doing something you enjoy and never work another day in your life.

Now, It's 1:00, pardon me while I go open a beer and work on orders before I head out to the course....

Fademan

Hey I have a pumpkin colored bag (orange), don't you call my bag fruity:rolleyes:

I was one of the first to have one around here. I now have several friends that have one. We all love our bags.

Nothing wrong with that at all..

In fact, I have a fade crush in pumpkin ordered for my fiance. She just had to have that colore

hmm, maybe Im not helping the situation

Pumpkin Crunch Box

That is a VERY popular color.

So are the Dude!? bags.

I think I have carried every color EXCEPT the Beri Berry Tourney and the Fuchsia Crunch Box. I got the color idea from one of these: Fuchsia

We really need more women playing disc golf. We support 4 Women team members and sponsor women's disc golf in various places.

There needs to be a stronger organization to support tournaments in the Women's Divisions.

Fademan

Wow, I am glad I didn't screw anybody over or I would have been ripped to shreds on here.
True. But your actions got you on the good side of this double edged sword - you earned that. Now, all of us know that:
1) You stood behind your product.
2) You handled things personally.
3) Even threw a round with the guy.

Something my former boss used to quote, "Trouble is opportunity's greatest disguise." Guess you pulled opportunity's mask off with that one. Seems to me you're doing things the right way. When I'm in the market for a new bag, it'll definitely be a FADE.

We really need more women playing disc golf. We support 4 Women team members and sponsor women's disc golf in various places.

I totally agree - thanks for supporting the ladies - love to see more of them out there.

Guys, if that's not a good reason to clean up our rep, I don't know what is!!:)

I thoroughly enjoy my Dirt Crunch box. There are lots of nice disc bags out there, but for the price there isn't a better deal than the FADE ones.

That is a VERY popular color.

So are the Dude!? bags.

I think I have carried every color EXCEPT the Beri Berry Tourney and the Fuchsia Crunch Box. I got the color idea from one of these: Fuchsia

There needs to be a stronger organization to support tournaments in the Women's Divisions.

Fademan

Paige is a great player. She plays smart and plays well. I respect the entire Bjerkaas family they are great people. I thought it was great of FADE to sponsor her. FADE does a lot with young disc golfers in Colorado. I will support a company that takes the chance to nurture young players. Thanks!

I hadn't heard of Fade bags until this thread. I am sorely tempted to get a new bag because the one I have, while large enough, is just not designed well, IMO. After reading through these posts, I think it's safe to say the Fade will have a new customer in the future.

keep up the good work Fademan!

Hey, I was a recipient of a BAD customer service experience more than once and there is no reason to dish that out to someone else. It is bad Karma. Right Grover? It usually comes from someone who has no ownership in the company or product. Or perhaps they were never properly trained or empowered to do the right thing.

We are a smallish, home-grown company with what I think is the right attitude. Start a company doing something you enjoy and never work another day in your life.

Fademan
What a great attitude and a fantastic way to gain and keep customer loyalty!!

I have and use both and adore them!!! LOVE the colors and they are just bomb proof!

Fademan
Amen to that.

"Hey I have a pumpkin colored bag (orange), don't you call my bag fruity"

In all honesty, that was the color that I wanted when I ordered but they were out. Wound up with a sky blue bag that is very easy to find. Best $25 I have spent on DG equipment for sure. Any chance of some Fade straps coming out???

Now, It's 1:00, pardon me while I go open a beer and work on orders before I head out to the course....

OK. You guys had a problem with the bags. The Fade Lite bag had a problem with ME - twice. I was too rough on the bag drink holder eyelet and Tim replaced it the first time, and then again the second time. The third bag is still going strong, as is my wife's first Fade Lite! CS at its best!

Fademan

That's interesting - we have a strong (and growing) ladies "division" in our club - I'm sure they would be all about supporting Fade if they knew that. Heck, the club even has Women's Wenesdays - which are ladies only tag rounds. It's been fun watching that division grow.

Do you have a "ladies link" on your website, or anything like that?

We have gone from crunch boxes (banana for me, pink for her) to tourney bags (the cool skull one for me and the pink/blue or purple whatever for her).

We have loved them both. Keep making good stuff and we will keep buying it!!

Ladies Link...Hmmm

That's interesting - we have a strong (and growing) ladies "division" in our club - I'm sure they would be all about supporting Fade if they knew that. Heck, the club even has Women's Wenesdays - which are ladies only tag rounds. It's been fun watching that division grow.

Do you have a "ladies link" on your website, or anything like that?

Now, there is an interesting idea. Tell me more about what women want in such a link (since I am a low life, worthless man).

I think this is an interesting idea. Sometimes they work, sometimes they do not. Still, willing to look into it.

Fademan

Now, there is an interesting idea. Tell me more about what women want in such a link (since I am a low life, worthless man).

I think this is an interesting idea. Sometimes they work, sometimes they do not. Still, willing to look into it.

Fademan

ahhhhh, now I see why you support all those women. Very nice... ;)

Latest posts