• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Prodigy Disc Thread v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prodigy Discs

Got to throw some of the new discs Saturday.

I love the feel of the new plastic, does seem to release off the hand a little smoother.

I decided I do not have the power to throw the D1 cause every time I threw, it came back hard left. As hard as I tried I could not flip it over. I will probably not put this one in my bag for now.

However... The D4 was a sweet disc, the one I threw looks just like the purple one pictured a couple of posts ago. This disc felt awesome as soon as I got it in my hand. It reminded me of the old CE plastic. I threw a max weight (174+) disc and loved how it flew for me. I could throw this disc fairly far and it went where I threw it.

Now remember, I throw RHBH and do not have the power arm you younger guys or pros might (I play Advanced Masters) so if you have a slightly less powerful arm the D3 or D4 might fit your style.

I am looking forward to their midrange discs and putters.

wow you guys are some haters... you haven't even thrown a prodigy disc yet and you're all up on it's dick

to me it's funnier cuz they used Doss

Any word on when dealers can order?

Hey Dana. It's Mike from Glide. I received word today that Prodigy expects to begin shipping the D1 and D4 around January 15th and D2 and D3 a month later.

I have not placed an order yet. I was asked to complete a dealer application which I did.

Last edited:
Hey Dana. It's Mike from Glide. I received word today that Prodigy expects to begin shipping the D1 and D4 around January 15th and D2 and D3 a month later.

I have not placed an order yet. I was asked to complete a dealer application which I did.

Anybody know if they will sell directly to individuals similar to how MVP does?

wow you guys are some haters... you haven't even thrown a prodigy disc yet and you're all up on it's dick

to me it's funnier cuz they used Doss

Guy has 3 worlds and a USDGC and he is done because he has an off year. He has more world championships than the whole prodigy team including the women right. I bet even the guys that are on the team laughed at it. You figure everyone is drinking the koolaid so somebody just decided to counter it. :wall:

We decided to take the Prodigy pulse this week for the poll at RattlingChains.com. Feel free to swing on over and vote, or just see what others (outside of DGCR) are saying!

Poll

Wow!!! Talking smack about Doss, huh? What World Champ since Climo hasn't done the same thing? Times are changing. Winning back to back ain't no cakewalk, it seems. Go put that target on your back and see how u handle the pressure.

Threw a couple of these today while playing with Cale. Man are they fast. I don't remember which ones I threw, but I'm pretty sure it was the D4 and D1. One SUPER OS that wanted to fight out fast on my 360 on a steep anny, and the other that you'd have to put a pretty good hyzer on and it'd still flip over a little.

So can someone just give me a quick description of the discs.. I don't wanna read everything..

Threw a couple of these today while playing with Cale. Man are they fast. I don't remember which ones I threw, but I'm pretty sure it was the D4 and D1. One SUPER OS that wanted to fight out fast on my 360 on a steep anny, and the other that you'd have to put a pretty good hyzer on and it'd still flip over a little.

So the D1, the os one, is PD2-ish? Or less overstable like force?
And the D4 is vulcan-ish or like a pro tana?

I don't have a problem getting the Force or PD2 to hold an anny line for a bit before it fades, the D1 was having none of that. fought out way sooner than I expected. I'd say the D4 was about the same as a Pro Kat. Definitely not as flippy as a Vulcan.

threw a D1 today only a few times its decently overstable it did turn a bit but was 160g nothing max weight so i would assume max weight will be a lot more overstable hopefully SD/S destroyer stable

Anyone...?

No thanks. All the info you need is in the thread.

Back on topic I'll be interested to feel the plastic on these discs after all the rave reviews. However, I know my limits and probably won't buy until the fairways and mids drop later this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts