• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Prodigy Disc Thread v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh so this prodigy isnt prodiscus.....Wow these companys pop up like pimples on a teenager.

is it just me or does it seem that these are going to be really scarce and hard to come by?

is this expected to increase the demand?
(so people will pay $25+ for a production disc)

I'm not yet decided but it probably won't really matter to me one bit if Joe Smith tells me these are the best things to fly through the air since some one turned a pie tin upside down if they aren't available for me to buy

I can't help but feel that either the "team" announcement was too early or they are too far behind on those things that Joe Buyingpublic want

i.e. a website to look at and review the various products
and a readily accessible supply of discs

in the example of the store above perhaps only getting 10 for each store and knowing how many golfers are hoarders such single store's supply can be wiped out by a single buyer

on top of that are we looking at a full weight range or just max weight?

is it just me or does it seem that these are going to be really scarce and hard to come by?

I'm not yet decided but it probably won't really matter to me one bit if Joe Smith tells me these are the best things to fly through the air since some one turned a pie tin upside down if they aren't available for me to buy

I can't help but feel that either the "team" announcement was too early or they are too far behind on those things that Joe Buyingpublic want

in the example of the store above perhaps only getting 10 for each store and knowing how many golfers are hoarders such single store's supply can be wiped out by a single buyer

The protos are across the board in terms of weights.

^See thats kinda what Im thinking. The Sponsored player will have their line of discs and the public will be an after thought at least for now. From the photos even sponsors players look to only have highspeed drivers. Wouldnt you think they would have at least a few putters by now? Even if they are super prototypes Ha yes i said Super.

A lot of truth in this post!

Afaik, they are only producing the required 500 for retail of each to begin with, so 50 total is more likely.

I can't wait to see fanboys pay $40-50 for a first run prodigy.....only to find out it is way too fast for their arm :popcorn:

Jerm said that there would be a variety of weights available. Not sure if that's initial release though.

Wouldnt you think they would have at least a few putters by now?

They have been an official company for a 9 days. You can't be serious.

Amazing how demanding disc golfers are. Especially considering it seems to be the sport with the most cheapskates. Gimme, gimme, gimme!!

The Sponsored player will have their line of discs and the public will be an after thought at least for now.

Would you rather they not be tested by the team? Perhaps they just release a bunch of untested crap to the public. That would be a great idea.

Amazing how demanding disc golfers are. Especially considering it seems to be the sport with the most cheapskates. Gimme, gimme, gimme!!

This lol, jeez.

Im really sure they have protos, or at least an idea of what they are gonna make putter-wise. They choseto release high speed drivers first, was a smart choice imo. People will pick them apart here, but for most people buying it, itll be the newest shiny thing that all the pros like, and the. Theyll buy it. Much easier to experiment with fast drivers as opposed to something more personal like a putter. So more types of players will be inclined to buy them.

From what I understand the "company" meaning hype and 4 discs.. has been in the works for YEARS. I honestly doubt ill even buy these discs when they are readily available considering the last new company I tried was legacy when the Rampage was introduced. Chill with the flaming. Im asking questions give me answers. Tough day at work?

Would you rather they not be tested by the team? Perhaps they just release a bunch of untested crap to the public. That would be a great idea.

I agree ! But at the same time it's one thing for Pros to test the disc but the casual and moderate players are also good testers

From what I understand the "company" meaning hype and 4 discs.. has been in the works for YEARS. I honestly doubt ill even buy these discs when they are readily available considering the last new company I tried was legacy when the Rampage was introduced. Chill with the flaming. Im asking questions give me answers. Tough day at work?

I wont be purchasing either been playing to long with go to stuff.

I'm not flaming, or mad. I'm responding to your post.

To begin with, it seems, yes. Seems like they are producing the 500 they have to put out there. Plus some for the team I assume.
But seeing as they probably want to earn some money - I am assuming that they want to ramp that up right quick once they are able to, before the fire goes out.

But on the other hand they could burn themselves if they rush the first batches and people start reporting issues.

I know, I don't know what you guys are expecting. And what you are expecting, is a bit extreme. It's January 9th. So they are getting a limited release out first. Who's to say that by April, there won't be more of the D-line circulating through the vendors? No one, because no one knows. Let's take a deep breath, throw what's in our bags, and let them roll their stuff out at the pace they can.

It's not like they're taking pre-orders and making promises they don't keep. They've told us exactly what they are doing, gave us a general timeline, and are working hard to do just what they say. If you think you deserve more than that, or think they're being "shady" or "mysterious," I'm pretty sure you have a slight entitlement complex.

I agree ! But at the same time it's one thing for Pros to test the disc but the casual and moderate players are also good testers

My understanding is the target market isn't the casual golfer, rather the competitive one.

Just about the ONLY thing I know beyond the intro video (and I haven't seen it mentioned here yet) is that only the first 100 retailers to contact Prodigy will be able to order upto 50 of the D1 and 50 of the D4. This is what Prodigy told me - Not that they can't change their minds.

So to ManU's comment, yes I think these things will be rare.

Status
Not open for further replies.