• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Prodigy Disc Thread v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Connor, I have met you.
Brad, Kelly and I came down to Flat Rock and you were gracious enough to be our guide for the day.

yes it is approved but until they release 500 to the public you cannot use it in a pdga event

Connor, I have met you.
Brad, Kelly and I came down to Flat Rock and you were gracious enough to be our guide for the day.

Oh :) I never knew you were on DGCR, or that this was your username, but that explains things a lot more clearly for me.

Sorry for that :| :eek:

So I am out throwing today at my favorite course, not having a very good round but it is 70 degrees out so no matter how bad I am doing its all good.

Well we get to the last hole and you have to anhyser it off the tee and have it flex out... needless to say mine does not flex and goes deep into the shule.

Well I work my way back through the briers and right before I get to my disc I find this purple gem!!

It turns out to be a Prodigy prototype with no name or any info on it.

I believe it is a D4 or D3 but it flies awesome.

I found a dog-chewed DX Cheetah in the pond on my local course today, wanna trade?

I held a D4 today. The rim felt 12ish. The best part was definitely the plastic. It was a flexible champy plastic that you need to hold to get a better description but it had more give than I expected. From what I saw, it had some great turn and hyzer flipped great. Monster distance but not a headwind disc.

Haven't read through all of this thread, at all. But, where the hell is Big Jerm in all of the promo's? The facebook page is a glaring absence. Is he really on the team? If so, he sure isn't a major player so far.

threw a d1 and d4 today. the d1 was similar in looks and feel to z/champion and as stated before, no where near the meathook i expected. the d4 was like a very grippy esp and the flight for me was similar to a z avenger ss or beat z surge ss. both had good glide and smooth flights and not as wide-rimmed as i had expected. i think the slightly rounded inside edge made it more comfortable in the hand, for me.

Haven't read through all of this thread, at all. But, where the hell is Big Jerm in all of the promo's? The facebook page is a glaring absence. Is he really on the team? If so, he sure isn't a major player so far.

Right now he is 6 strokes back of MJ and $, tied for 5th in Savannah.

So is the info above about 500 to the public after PDGA approval but before being legal in tournaments accurate? If so I guess Jerm is still chucking his old bag around for now (or playing with illegal discs unless Prodigy has found some loopholes and faked a public release).

Right now he is 6 strokes back of MJ and $, tied for 5th in Savannah.

So is the info above about 500 to the public after PDGA approval but before being legal in tournaments accurate? If so I guess Jerm is still chucking his old bag around for now (or playing with illegal discs unless Prodigy has found some loopholes and faked a public release).

Hard to prove how many have been produced/released....10 per state =500

Basically it is another rule with no teeth.

Produced and released are two completely different scenarios. If produced is the rule then without a doubt, Prodigy discs are legal to throw in sanctioned events. Released on the other hand, that's tricky as to how it is defined. Personally, I wouldn't consider off the book gifts to friends of the company and sponsored players as "released to the public" quantities. But as you rightly said, a silly rule with no teeth.

that one girl got an ace on new years tourney with a purp one, didn't she? was that tournament a pdga sanctioned one? if so then it's fair game.

that one girl got an ace on new years tourney with a purp one, didn't she? was that tournament a pdga sanctioned one? if so then it's fair game.

Think it was casual....but I will make sure (just did....didn't see her in a tournament that weekend)

Also it was Catrina.....the US Women's chamo

I'm actually kind of exited for the D1. The fast overstable spot in my bag is always changing, so I hope this fits the bill. I love the Halo, but I can't get a decent grip on the slanted rim. Any comparison to the Halo from those that have thrown both?

I'm actually kind of exited for the D1. The fast overstable spot in my bag is always changing, so I hope this fits the bill. I love the Halo, but I can't get a decent grip on the slanted rim. Any comparison to the Halo from those that have thrown both?

you didnt like the nuke or nuke os? what about the quasar? that one felt great to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts