• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Prodigy Disc Thread v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does every thread eventually turn to Innova bashing? I'm not really defending them, but what would you do if you were by FAR the largest disc manufacturer? Stop making new discs? Innova has the advantage of having many molds at their disposal to mix and match tops and bottoms with.

Can you blame a company for wanting to make money? The nerve of them!

I guess I'd counter with, "Why does anytime the word Innova comes up without an 'I love' before it, it's seen as 'Innova bashing'?"

I don't see anything here that constitutes bashing. I throw Innova. It was just a couple of opinions and posting some flight numbers.

I don't see anything wrong with innova. I threw a lot of different molds in multiple plastics. they are good. I used kcpro and yetipro up until the holidays. they arent bad. I think if a company can make a million discs and still make a profit, then they are doing something right. one cohld argue that any new company is just inflating an overpopulated market. but they have a right to gamble with their money just like any other company.

I don't see anything wrong with innova. I threw a lot of different molds in multiple plastics. they are good. I used kcpro and yetipro up until the holidays. they arent bad. I think if a company can make a million discs and still make a profit, then they are doing something right. one cohld argue that any new company is just inflating an overpopulated market. but they have a right to gamble with their money just like any other company.

I might agree on the over inflated market. But one way I read what I see from Prodigy is they plan on expanding that market.

If they can or not is another question.

thrownfromthewoods,

You bashed them a bit. Not too harshly, but it was there.

Anway, I kind of overreacted as well. We've all seen Innova hate in many other threads, and it always annoys me.

It's all good.

I saw the DD first run discs on their website. from first glance, I would not buy any of them, but that says nothing about how they fly. that is why we as disc golfers must buy and try as many discs as we can to find out if there is to be any innovation in disc flight, plastic, weight, and colors. but that's just my opinion.

Warning Thread Drift!

The tale of the new DG-king.
There was this ordinary young boy named Arthur.
He was walking around in a park watching people throw round pieces of plastic into metal baskets.
He so wished that he could join them in their quest for a good time and low scores.
Then suddenly a lady appeared from the lake and gave the young boy a shiny plastic Sword!

Hail to the new king of DG! :D

Sword-Westside-324257_298x226.png

:popcorn:
tsk tsk tsk.. this thread is a silly place.

I now return you to your scheduled programme.

I saw the DD first run discs on their website. from first glance, I would not buy any of them, but that says nothing about how they fly. that is why we as disc golfers must buy and try as many discs as we can to find out if there is to be any innovation in disc flight, plastic, weight, and colors. but that's just my opinion.

It is fun to try new plastic. I might try one of Prodigy's mids or putters eventually....

RR = 9/5/-4/1
Monarch = 10/5/-4/1
Mamba = 11/6/-5/1
Archangle = 8/6/-4/1

Besides the speed there is not much difference at all.

feel in your hand? the RR fits like a glove :p, while the monarch fits like a groove :sick: . Mamba is cool but its getting in to big D driver territory. the archangel is a joke, nobody throws that.

I doubt you will find anyone carrying more than one of these molds, for me it's a star RR. its a useful slot in my bag because I can't get any distance on a forehand but I can nail big turnovers when i need to.

RR = 9/5/-4/1
Monarch = 10/5/-4/1
Mamba = 11/6/-5/1
Archangle = 8/6/-4/1

Besides the speed there is not much difference at all.

The only discs that share similar wings are the mamba and archangel. Each disc offers a different type of turn or flip. While being understable they all turn at different points in the flight. I figured 25 years of throwing a disc would teach you that :D

The only discs that share similar wings are the mamba and archangel. Each disc offers a different type of turn or flip. While being understable they all turn at different points in the flight. I figured 25 years of throwing a disc would teach you that :D

I was comparing the numbers, that's all.

Want to play a round of golf? :) I'll show you what 25 years of throwing golf discs taught me. That doesn't include the 20+ years of throwing lids. Of course if experience is determined by how you describe discs online, then you're the champ. :D

I was comparing the numbers, that's all.

Want to play a round of golf? :) I'll show you what 25 years of throwing golf discs taught me. That doesn't include the 20+ years of throwing lids. Of course if experience is determined by how you describe discs online, then you're the champ. :D

:clap:

I wonder what Prodigy will call it's putters...

P1 and P2 are taken.

They could name them P3 and P4 and block Discmania for the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.