• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Prodigy] Prodigy M4 - the good /the bad

ive been throwing the m3 for around a week with an ace on it already and i would compare it to a beefy roc the m4 i threw for 2 rounds so far is a buzzz ss but just a touch more overstable hyzer flipped that thing in a 7mph tailwind 300+ feet it has a motor on it very nice or thow it flat for a smooth turn

What color do you have? Is it domey or flat? My M3 is way too OS to fly like a Roc. I'm hoping the M4 is closer. I have a red M4 on the way and another M3 for a backup to the one I already have.

Grey proto the m4 is a beat buzzz or buzzz ss
I also have a lime green m3 one thats about the same, none are incredibly domey or flat

I got mine in the mail today and could not get out on the course fast enough. I like the feel in the hand and the plastic is nice as always. I had a few bad throws with it, just mentally trying to ease up and baby it. After I started throwing like I meant it, and just threw with better form it took off. It is definitely very long. It has some nice turn to it and a bit of fade at the end (which I was a little sad to see but that is just fine). I haven't thrown it a ton, I only had a few hours of daylight. Once I throw more I will give it a more thorough review. Maybe make a video for comparison's sake.

Is the rim low profile on the M4 like a buzzz or does it have a deeper pocket? I have small hands and get a better grip on shallow mids. Thanks

Grey proto the m4 is a beat buzzz or buzzz ss
I also have a lime green m3 one thats about the same, none are incredibly domey or flat

Mines very flat, board flat, maybe thats why mines so different. I saw in another thread that the pink ones were the most OS I think.

Last edited:
I just got mine in the mail yesterday. But it was after my 8 hr marathon disc golf session. And couldn't get to the course today. Should be able to at least hit the field tmrw night with them.

Went out in a field with a brand new orange M4 and a new Buzz SS to compare. Both have very similar rims and almost the exact same flight path. Thrown RHBH with slight hyzer both discs went flat, flew straight and died with no fade. The Prodigy plastic did feel more tacky/better grip.

Went out in a field with a brand new orange M4 and a new Buzz SS to compare. Both have very similar rims and almost the exact same flight path. Thrown RHBH with slight hyzer both discs went flat, flew straight and died with no fade. The Prodigy plastic did feel more tacky/better grip.

This is what my experience has been as well.

The proto M3 I have is like an out-of-the-box Buzzz and the proto M4 is more like a Buzzz SS or beat Buzzz.

I LOVE how little fade the M3 has when thrown flat. It's almost replaced my XL for tight wooded fairway shots.

I found it incredibly similar to a Buzzz SS. It seemed the SS had more glide and the M4 had more speed. Anyone else experience this?

I have never thrown a buzzz of any kind.

I have the M1(love it, straighter drone with more glide for my arm) and the M4. I LOVE the M4. Man, it was really throwing nice. My first throw was a practice throw that i released dead flat and it just flew dead straight.

Next throw was a big anny on a hole i NEVER deuce. And I deuced it from about 12-15'. Perfect toss (threw same toss next round, but didn't put enough anny on it and clipped a tree.)

by end of the round, i was throwing it a bit off, not releasing flat and it would drift right on me and not really come back. It wouldn't actually turn though, just drifted a little. Still a nice controlled flight path.

I decided on a long hole to just throw it as far as i could, and as hard as i could. I released with just a tiny bit of anny instead of flat, and it just drifted right gently, and flew a very long way. Way harder than i'd throw it normally, but it was great glide.

I threw it with some hyzer on one hole and it held the hyzer the whole way. It was a smooth gentle left turn the whole way, never a dive and still had the glide.

The M4 definitely took the place of my King Cobras. The rim just feels better in my big hands, so my releases seemed a bit more consistent and controlled. I was having some issues with early releasing with my king cobras due to small rim. Grip on the M4 really felt solid.

Just picked up an M1 and a M4 today. I have been looking for something to replace beat up DX Rocs with for turnover shots, the M4 is exactly what I have been looking for, they are pretty flippy but that is what I wanted out of it. The glide is great. I was able to hyper flip it out to about 380 feet with a slight tail wind. The M4 is overstable and super reliable.

Just picked up an M1 and a M4 today. I have been looking for something to replace beat up DX Rocs with for turnover shots, the M4 is exactly what I have been looking for, they are pretty flippy but that is what I wanted out of it. The glide is great. I was able to hyper flip it out to about 380 feet with a slight tail wind. The M4 is overstable and super reliable.

I think you meant to say the M1 is overstable and super reliable? I've found the M4 to be a true understable mid with a decent amount of turn; IMO it doesn't feel anything like a buzzz SS but agree that the flight is pretty similar. Likes to be hyzer flipped and glide straight :thmbup:

I think you meant to say the M1 is overstable and super reliable? I've found the M4 to be a true understable mid with a decent amount of turn; IMO it doesn't feel anything like a buzzz SS but agree that the flight is pretty similar. Likes to be hyzer flipped and glide straight :thmbup:

Man, mine isn't "turny" at all. It is a dead straight disc for me. Perfect. If i throw it with ANY anny, it holds it and continues to the right, and same with ANY hyzer just holds it left. I even tried to REALLY bust it out there, and got it about 380'-390' and it still just glided a little to the right and then faded just a little to the left to finish almost dead straight, but a little right. On normal throws in the 300-330' range, it just held the line i put it on. Rolled my wrist a time or two and it turned some, but even then, it didn't turn too bad, just held the slightly anny line.

I'm really digging this disc.

Man, mine isn't "turny" at all. It is a dead straight disc for me. Perfect. If i throw it with ANY anny, it holds it and continues to the right, and same with ANY hyzer just holds it left. I even tried to REALLY bust it out there, and got it about 380'-390' and it still just glided a little to the right and then faded just a little to the left to finish almost dead straight, but a little right. On normal throws in the 300-330' range, it just held the line i put it on. Rolled my wrist a time or two and it turned some, but even then, it didn't turn too bad, just held the slightly anny line.

Mine isn't either but Im pretty sure that's just because I suck at throwing right now. Its pretty darn straight for me.

I was hoping this is what I would find when I picked mine up, but not quite. I'd like for mine to be a little less understable :doh:

Latest posts