• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Prodigy] Prodigy Market Survey

How Many Prodigy Discs Are In Your Bag

Votes: 341 73.5%
  • 1-2

Votes: 71 15.3%
  • 3-4

Votes: 21 4.5%
  • 5-6

Votes: 11 2.4%
  • 7-8

Votes: 6 1.3%
  • 9+

Votes: 14 3.0%

• Total voters
I've tried discs from just about every company, but never bought a Prodigy disc. I don't have any special vendetta against them, and their plastic feels nice, but I've just never been moved to buy any of their frisbees .::shrug::.

The thing that kinda shocks me is THIS is the hub for online DG right...?

If DGCR isn't bagging these discs.. surely casual players that see them marked up a few bucks at their local shop isn't either right?

Yeah, I never owned or threw one either. I think among the other problems they are having, there may be an oversaturation of disc manufacturers right now.

I really wanted to like it but nothing made the bag. D1, D3, F1, F5, M1-3, PA2-3. Plastic was nice but none of them were better than what i would've replaced.

Of the golfers that I play with regularly, maybe 3 of them have a Prodigy disc or two.

They lost me when I bought a D4 that flew more like a Champion Boss :|

The thing that kinda shocks me is THIS is the hub for online DG right...?

If DGCR isn't bagging these discs.. surely casual players that see them marked up a few bucks at their local shop isn't either right?

Well with cool names like D1, M2, D3, F7 AND the D5 and no flight numbers on the disc themselves, you might start seeing these discs sold at your local store for a few dollars LESS than normal...

I picked up a D4 and F7 from (ironically) DD recently on the cheap. I guess I don't have the arm to turn the D4 like I wanted - I was hoping it could be a Tern for me but not so much. The F7 might just stick around, though. That thing definitely turns and goes a lot farther than it seems like it should.

I agree that some flight numbers other than the actual name would help. I do like the look and feel. Looking at Inbounds they have the D4 and D4 in the same group as the Tern and Aries, both of which I have thrown and can handle. But the D4 I have has only turned a bit for me once and that was into a headwind.

Also have a proto D1 (found) that is just a super meathook for me. Oh, so I thought I'd try an Air D1 since I'm not the fastest arm but that just turns and burns. So I guess if you're a pro and can go through a couple of boxes until you find the right ones for you then great. I really want to like them but right now I'm way happier with Trilogy, Legacy, MVP/Axiom, and Discraft.

I don't bag any Prodigy but I do like some of their molds. I absolutely love the F5, but it overlaps with my Eagles/Teebirds so it stays out. The 300 M3 is a great disc. I also enjoy throwing the flat 400G M4s. I already bag various Rocs so those also never made the bag. Their putters are sweet but so are the Wziards I carry. Their high speed drivers never really clicked with me. I can't find two that fly alike.

So yeah... They have cool discs but nothing that much better than what I already throw to warrant a change.

Never tried them. Put me off with the M3/4 naming goof up and just never tempted me to try it.

An overwhelming, zero.

Kevin, I need a disc gator spare pole.... do you have any? :D

So let's see.....product for the masses? nope... Cool looking stamps? nope... ok...Catchy names? uh...nope. So there you go then....

I purchased a lot of Prodigy discs and tried them out for a while. I even had a second all Prodigy bag for a bit.

I loved the 400 plastic, but hated the 700.

The lack of the speed 9-10 discs for so long was a big turn off. When they came out they were way too overstable and completely glidless. Also, I hated the plastic.

The mids and F series were all over the place in stability. The F5 seemed more OS than the F3. The M2 and M3 fiasco didn't help.

The numbering system has to go.

The M4 was a great disc though. Also, the 300 series PA1 was sweet.

I like Dynamic Discs, Lattitude, Innova and Discmania more. Maybe if they had a better H-series, and had them in the 400 series plastic I might have thrown more.

H1 is 750 is actually pretty cool as well.

Not gonna lie every putter I have tried does fly and putt nicely. PA2s are sick. PA1s putt well too, but so many of us have been using the same putters/ plastics for years, I doubt many people dropped their old stuff for much Prodigy.

I only know one local who throws it exclusively. He is not sponsored for sure, and is alaso a Prodigy dealer afaik.

I've dabbled in the understable Prodigy realm, but that is the main problem for me: Most of their stuff is for pro-level, higher-powered players. As a result, not a ton of their stuff is appealing to me.

That said, the PA4 and M4 were both a lot of fun to throw.

I think that's the point of this thread. A temperature check on how many of the diehards are bagging their discs. While I can definitely see why a casual player would pass on any Prodigy discs, it's interesting to see why more 'informed' players do as well.