• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Prodigy] Prodigy Market Survey

How Many Prodigy Discs Are In Your Bag

Votes: 341 73.5%
  • 1-2

Votes: 71 15.3%
  • 3-4

Votes: 21 4.5%
  • 5-6

Votes: 11 2.4%
  • 7-8

Votes: 6 1.3%
  • 9+

Votes: 14 3.0%

• Total voters
I'll not quote him again. I'll just say it makes sense to me. I can explain it to you, but I cannot make you understand it.

Well, if you read the original post, this thread was started by a disc retailer and is about gauging market interest. Is it worth his upfront risk to buy a product that is difficult to move?

I'd assume that the plastic business is difficult for both the producers and retailers. Not too many get rich off of it.

Also if you read the original post he already has the plastic, he isn't asking if he should make the initial investment.

You realize most people sell discs online, right? lol...... order some prodigy and let us all know how rich you get selling them :|

It would be interesting to poll some of the online retailers to see how fast Prodigy stock moves.

I'd guess anybody that goes into selling discs expecting to get rich has bigger issues. And yes I know about the amazing world of online retailers, so I guess I missed your point

so wait, is being a disc golf retailer a charity service? You are the one talking about what discs move around "your area" when in reality it doesn't matter at all if you can find a market to sell to in 2015 your area could be in the middle of no-where without a single disc golf brick and mortar store within 100's of miles dedicated to disc golf.

Maybe he thought there was/is a market which is being missed out on. From the poll results I would say those are fairly niche and already covered by many of the prodigy players in that regard.

so wait, is being a disc golf retailer a charity service? You are the one talking about what discs move around "your area" when in reality it doesn't matter at all if you can find a market to sell to in 2015 your area could be in the middle of no-where without a single disc golf brick and mortar store within 100's of miles dedicated to disc golf.

Maybe he thought there was/is a market which is being missed out on. From the poll results I would say those are fairly niche and already covered by many of the prodigy players in that regard.

Besides the major disc makers do you think anybody gets rich off selling discs? Never said they couldn't make a good living

I forgot about the whole UV-color changing discs debacle! LOL. :D

Innova catches a ton of crap for their inconsistencies, but at least I've never had one progressively fade to clear over the duration of one round.

Also if you read the original post he already has the plastic, he isn't asking if he should make the initial investment.

Exactly. He is sitting on stale inventory that isn't moving, and has not made his anticipated return on them. He's simply asking his customer base, the internet what's up. Based on the answers it won't make good business sense to reorder.

It's clear that you really like Prodigy. Good for you, Curveball4. They are lucky to have you as a fan.

Exactly. He is sitting on stale inventory that isn't moving, and has not made his anticipated return on them. He's simply asking his customer base, the internet what's up. Based on the answers it won't make good business sense to reorder.

It's clear that you really like Prodigy. Good for you, Curveball4. They are lucky to have you as a fan.

Ha ha! I honestly got a good laugh from this! You win, you win the interweb

I'd guess anybody that goes into selling discs expecting to get rich has bigger issues. And yes I know about the amazing world of online retailers, so I guess I missed your point

LOL What? I guess we need to figure out what "get rich" means. I'm definitely not going to be a millionaire from doing it, but my old hobby sure has me leaning in the direction that I don't have to get another job, and that's with a wife, 2 kids, house, 2 new vehicles, etc. So what are my bigger issues? Why is making an awesome living a bad thing? Why does a disc golf retailer have to get rich doing it?

But yea, I have all the info I need. Long story long, Prodigy is niche, and definitely won't be ordered again. And yes, having a poll to view help affirm my suspicions that I'm not missing any untapped markets.

I also want to add, that it may not be PRODIGY discs, it may be THOSE prodigy discs. There is a local store that always has the same stuff, Proto discs with a lot of flashing in bright annoying colors.
If you sell that off cheaper and get NEW stuff, I guarantee that the new mix of prodigy will sell. Seeing a Proto F1 in Ice clear plastic for the 300th time is not appealing anymore.

Look into what is selling. H3's New Midranges 400G and 750 M2's and M4's Pa series, F Series. Get a mix of nice good lookin new stuff and that will make a WORLD of difference.

Its not always the 'company' but maybe the 'stock' of what you have.

I also want to add, that it may not be PRODIGY discs, it may be THOSE prodigy discs. There is a local store that always has the same stuff, Proto discs with a lot of flashing in bright annoying colors.
If you sell that off cheaper and get NEW stuff, I guarantee that the new mix of prodigy will sell. Seeing a Proto F1 in Ice clear plastic for the 300th time is not appealing anymore.

Look into what is selling. H3's New Midranges 400G and 750 M2's and M4's Pa series, F Series. Get a mix of nice good lookin new stuff and that will make a WORLD of difference.

Its not always the 'company' but maybe the 'stock' of what you have.

Wise words.... because even if you had all Innova Stock... and they were all Grooves, chances are that they wouldn't move.

It's also worth noting that the poll asks how much Prodigy you bag, not how much you own.

The majority of discs I buy do not match what's in my bag. I have backups for most of the stuff in my bag, so when I'm buying discs, I'm usually looking for new stuff to try. Just because I don't have Prodigy bagged doesn't mean I won't buy anything from them.

LOL What? I guess we need to figure out what "get rich" means. I'm definitely not going to be a millionaire from doing it, but my old hobby sure has me leaning in the direction that I don't have to get another job, and that's with a wife, 2 kids, house, 2 new vehicles, etc. So what are my bigger issues? Why is making an awesome living a bad thing? Why does a disc golf retailer have to get rich doing it?

But yea, I have all the info I need. Long story long, Prodigy is niche, and definitely won't be ordered again. And yes, having a poll to view help affirm my suspicions that I'm not missing any untapped markets.

Besides the major disc makers do you think anybody gets rich off selling discs? Never said they couldn't make a good living

I didn't say you couldn't make a solid living off disc sales. And my get rich statement was in response to somebody else telling me to buy a bunch of Prodigy, sell them, & see how rich I got.
But anyways.........I 100% honestly hope your business keeps doing well. I'm sure plenty of people on here, myself included, wish me made a good living doing something we truly loved. This was never meant to be a jab or anything personal towards you, I really do wish you good luck going forward.

Good point Thomas. My stock definitely could be stale now. All the popular stuff at the time over a year ago still took a year to sell. And what was popular a year ago, unfortunately became unpopular in a matter of weeks. I have a feeling that could happen again. I'll just have to wait and see if anything stays popular for a while.

Sorry for the reply curve, I usually try and stay out of arguing. I must be having a bad day.

You will have 75% of us covered. LOL

It's also worth noting that the poll asks how much Prodigy you bag, not how much you own.

The majority of discs I buy do not match what's in my bag. I have backups for most of the stuff in my bag, so when I'm buying discs, I'm usually looking for new stuff to try. Just because I don't have Prodigy bagged doesn't mean I won't buy anything from them.

yea, bought em.. tried em.. didn't like em.. gave em away. Doesn't help the OP much though.

I just bought a 400G M4 and have been liking the disc a lot; it kicked a Buzzz out of my bag.

Latest posts