• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Prodigy] Prodigy next release?

I personally guarantee that the next two Prodigy discs released will be the D2 and D3.

maybe

I saw the zone clone was on its way soon. Any word on any others on the horizon?

Been a while since I talked to anyone there about it. Nothing but snow so I've been stuck inside. The overstable tweener (zone like) was just the one I remember Jeremy saying was hoping it would be ready to include in the GBO player's pack. They went with the soft classic putters first because they wanted a true beginner friendly disc out early on. Now I believe they are trying to fill out their lineup with what their sponsored players need most and I know he said an OS tweener type mid like the Zone is a big one to make them happy.

I think an US fairway and distance driver will be upcoming eventually. I get the impression they are happy taking it at their own pace and ensuring quality gets released over quantity. Happy to know there are still a few disc makers who stand by that.

I would love to see an "In the bag" from any (or all!) of the Prodigy players right now - see what they would choose to throw if they weren't locked down to one brand.

If Will's throwing Buzzzes, Saints, Firebirds - that's sounding a lot like my bag!

My problem too. I still have the D4 in my bag because I'm getting unprecedented distance with it, but it is still fading out superhard for me...which isn't good considering its and understable driver. So the D2 and D3 will not be for me.

On the other, I still haven't found a mid-range I'm in love with. I bag a Roc, just because Ive thrown them for so long, but I'm also leasing around with the King Cobra, Ghost, Ibex, Coyote and Fuse...I also throw Vectors and Axis on occasion and have a Tangent on pre-order with InfiniteDiscs. So...long ramble short, I'm now most interested in Prodigy's mids. Hopefully them come out sometime in April.

have you tried gators quickly becoming my goto mid.

as far as the last update to the approved disc list only the d1,2,3,4 are approved.

Anyone else catch this? Cale chimed in on a facebook post:

"There are MANY quality discs on the market now, but D1 has added great distance to my game in the very short time since release. D4 is slowly making its way into my bag as i figure it out. Our mids and putters have been tested and pdga approved and I am quite proud of what we have accomplished in TWO months. Thanks for being patient!"

Anyone else catch this? Cale chimed in on a facebook post:

"There are MANY quality discs on the market now, but D1 has added great distance to my game in the very short time since release. D4 is slowly making its way into my bag as i figure it out. Our mids and putters have been tested and pdga approved and I am quite proud of what we have accomplished in TWO months. Thanks for being patient!"

yeah, that's in my thread on the DGCE on facebook. and no, mids and putters have NOT been pdga approved... see the list.

Back to the topic. I hope prodigy comes out with a mid that is similar to the stability of a Wasp. I like throwing Wasps but all the new Z wasps and the Ti wasps are not that great.

Back to the topic. I hope prodigy comes out with a mid that is similar to the stability of a Wasp. I like throwing Wasps but all the new Z wasps and the Ti wasps are not that great.

WOuld be nice but if they want to get the best bang for their buck they'll be making a Buzzz clone, a Roc clone, a Drone clone, and a comet/element/fuse like Mid.

Holy thread drift Batman! Does every equipment thread have to devolve into the tedious roc vs. buzzz debate? It is like arguing about politics in the disc golf world.

On topic, I have heard that the PDGA will withhold disc approval announcement upon the request of the manufacturer. This leaves the possibility open to prodigy releasing a mid, or putter, before the D2 and D3. I have taken the speed 9 and under approach to my bag and I will have to wait for their FD's to be released before I try out their plastic.

that makes less sense than anything I've ever heard...

Actually, Chuck has stated on this forum that manufacturers have discs that are approved, but not on the approved list until the manufacturer formally announces them.

Actually, Chuck has stated on this forum that manufacturers have discs that are approved, but not on the approved list until the manufacturer formally announces them.

Yep. It's disc golf companies trying to do marketing like, oh, I don't know - normal businesses? Give people a date to get excited about, rather tha just haphazard releases. It's smart.

Latest posts