• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Prodiscus

Do u guys have any plans for light weight drivers like in the 150,s ? Would love to try your discs but can't throw heavy weights.

Is this thread different than the other Prodiscus thread that Kai was on?

Yeah, but they should probably be merged.

I love Prodiscus. Premium/Ultrium plastics are the best on the market, for sure.

Currently bag Ultrium Jokeri, Respecti, and Titan. Jokeri is the best OS putter ever made, imo. Respecti is like a slightly slower FB. Titan is close to a QOLF, maybe a touch less OS.

Have at various points also bagged Sparta, Laseri, Slaidi and Legenda. Don't bag the Sparta bc there's other neutral putters I like for driving. Laseri was in my neutral fairway slot, but when I lost the one I loved I dropped to only 2 fairways and replaced it with a Leopard. Slaidi was just a bit too OS for where I had it in my bag, replaced it with a Wraith. Dropped the Legenda just bc the rim is too wide.

Midari is the only mold I have thrown that I really don't care for.

Bought, but have not yet thrown Razeri, and Rocket (this one's not on the site...I think it's like a more OS Titan variant). Will buy the 3 new molds Kai mentioned as soon as I find them anywhere. I would love some more US stuff so I can throw an all Prodiscus bag more easily.

Ok here we go:

Prodiscus Basic plastic = Discraft d, Innova dx ect.
Basic is little gummier and softer but much more grippier than other companies base blends.

Prodiscus Premium plastic = Discraft Z (not that flex), DGA SP-line ect.
Premium is tackier than Z or SP-line plastic. And it can handle lot of abuse.

Prodiscus Ultrium = Discraft Titanium, Prodigy 400g/750g ect.
Prodiscus Ultrium is THE BEST PLASTIC at market right now. Basically indestructible plastic. Grippy and nice flex to it.

I guess the 2 basic Jokeri's I felt up on the shelf 3 years ago may not have been representative cuz they were nothing like Pro D or DX. Major flexible, super grippy, softish plastic feel. Early runs?

Premium Jokeri is gummy, very grippy, and pretty darn flexible...like the best translucent Opto you've ever held. Maybe Premium drivers are stiffer.

Ultrium, to me, looks much more premium and high gloss than Ti or 400g.

FWIW...

I guess the 2 basic Jokeri's I felt up on the shelf 3 years ago may not have been representative cuz they were nothing like Pro D or DX. Major flexible, super grippy, softish plastic feel. Early runs?

Premium Jokeri is gummy, very grippy, and pretty darn flexible...like the best translucent Opto you've ever held. Maybe Premium drivers are stiffer.

Ultrium, to me, looks much more premium and high gloss than Ti or 400g.

FWIW...

The closest thing I've felt to Ultrium was 750G. This stuff is awesome.

The closest thing I've felt to Ultrium was 750G. This stuff is awesome.

Yeah, I could see 750G...that stuff is sweet!

I think Prodiscus is selling itself short in those plastic descriptions listed above.

...the basic black Jokeri I felt up was chalky, rubbery, and could be folded almost in half. The red basic wasn't chalky but a more shiny finish, and equally flexible. Typical Pro D and DX putters are dinner plates by comparison.

Do u guys have any plans for light weight drivers like in the 150,s ? Would love to try your discs but can't throw heavy weights.

Yes I'm next testing if I can make light weight discs from my Premium plastic which is the most durable that I know. But you would be supprice if you try the 3 new discs. Those are way different from my lineup. STARi is so easy throwing midrange. FLIPPERi on behalf is even more. Most of the players that tested it could use only 1/3 of the power and still it flipped. Rally good if you need to roll or you can't use full power. FASTi this is redigilious. Also under stable but when you learn to throw it FASTi flies far. These discs needs more talent than power to throw. Excellent for beginners.

What's a Stari? lol Not even listed on their website...

That's true none of the new discs are not yet on website. I'm planning to make new site for next season. So actually if there is someone interested in doing it please let me know.

You can find info about these from website if you scroll down the facebook feed on front page. Or check out he facebook page.

Or I can post these later here when I get to my laptop.

That's true none of the new discs are not yet on website. I'm planning to make new site for next season. So actually if there is someone interested in doing it please let me know.

You can find info about these from website if you scroll down the facebook feed on front page. Or check out he facebook page.

Lots of new discs in your previous post...interesting.

...I could easily see an all Prodiscus bag in my case. Need more availability(retailers), better weight range across all molds, and fill out the lineup(which seems to be well underway now). :thmbup:

I am very interested in working with Prodiscus.

If anyone has more familiarity with their lineup I'd love to hear Prodiscus to brand (X) comparisons.

I'll give it my best shot here, these discs are all unique from the more popular molds so when I say similar to there is still alot of differences

SPARTA Larger diameter disc, very neutral, slightly concave wing
Similar to:Innova Avair PnA

JOKERi Overstable PnA
Similar toLess stable Harp Or beadless Gator, but with a more rounded edge, not the cocave wing like the Harp

MIDARi Has a deep rim that takes some adjusting but once you do this disc has tons of glide,
Similar to:Buzzz OS for the feeling in the hand, Roc like flight

STARi Their newest disc, doesnt have the deep rim like the MIDARi,
Similar to:Beat in Meteor

LASERi Fairway driver, just a touch faster, has some turn for hyzerflips and a decent fade untill it gets broken in, holds Annys great
Similar toEagle X or Saint

RESPECTi LASERi big brother, similar rims but the Respecti is slightly deeper and has a higher dome
Similar to Whippet or Less Stable XXX

ROCKET I haven't thrown this much but doesnt have much turn and a pretty standard fade
Similar to Fresh Teebird

TITAN This is the reason I didn't throw the Rocket much, not that the Rocket is a bad disc but this disc just works for me better.
Similar to PD

SLADi Probably my 2nd favorite Prodiscus mold (2nd only the the Jokeri) it's a high speed driver but the rim is a manageable size. Also for a high speed driver this disc holds anhyzers for big max distance S shots
Similar to Wraith

LEGENDa People complain about the wide rim which it does have but it also has tons of glide and it's slightly understable for extra distance I don't venture much into warp speed drivers so I don't have much to compare to but it's
Similar to Racketen or Katana

Laseri

I was looking for an understable fairway that has some fade on the end, and I discovered the Laseri. This is now my go-to for any RHFH throw that needs distance. With a very easy forehand flick, the turn rating simply keeps it going straight, delaying the nice gliding fade a perfect amount of time. Both BH and FH grips feel fantastic.

All that, plus the ability to not worry about the wind much! Favorite disc in my bag, easily

I look forward to throwing more Prodiscus discs in the near future, as I start to cycle through my first discs

I would add to the excellent above comparison of discs that I have NOT found the laseri similar to a Saint, unless the Saint is quite broken in. The reason is my Saint does not have much in the way of understability, in contrast to the Laseri

I'm considering take advantage of Prodiscus Bag Sale and getting 10 discs with my bag. What ones would people recommend?

Flat I where it's at! Once I handled one of your discs I knew I would try every single one.

I threw the JOKERi for a long time but I couldn't get a good flick grip on it so it eventually left the bag.

The SPARTA almost replaced my Pures but it's not low profile enough.

Also I'm annoyed the SPARTA isn't the SPARTa, the ROCKET isn't the ROCKETi, and the TITAN isn't the TITANa.

I saw that MarshallStreet has some Premium STARi's - anyone know if/where you can order the other 2 new discs, possibly in Ultrium?

I threw a Fasti the other day, whew, it went far

Well....where'd you get it??

Their website has none of the new ones and I'm not on FB - is there any way to get my hands on the 3 new molds??

I love Prodiscus, but the availability is really poor compared to the large companies. A lot of retailers don't carry any at all.

Well....where'd you get it??

Their website has none of the new ones and I'm not on FB - is there any way to get my hands on the 3 new molds??

I love Prodiscus, but the availability is really poor compared to the large companies. A lot of retailers don't carry any at all.

It was a tester sent to the owner of Full Turn, I threw it when we were testing out the new course on his property.

As for the availability of the new molds, I can't say really. I assume they're just not out yet. For other molds from FT or Prodiscus I know he (Jaysin Smith) has quite a lot of inventory on hand, but his online store front is still in the works ( I think ), I know for sure he has plenty of every mold sans the 3 new ones, not sure if he has more than a few testers at the moment.

Word. Mst has STARis, but only Premi ones. Haven't seen any of the new ones anywhere else yet. These are the molds I have been waiting for from them...I WANT THEM NOW!!! :D