• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Prometheus

Good look at this disc...seems to have some substantial turn but dumps off real hard. Interesting, but doesn't seem like a must have. I can see this working for some players for sure, though.

A lot of those turning shots were intentional. I was throwing it on that 435' test hole I like to the trees with no turn.

Good video Mike. :thmbup:

How would you compare it to the Prodigy? More/Less speed or the same?

Even ignoring the difference in diameter, and rim itself is much wider than any disc I have thrown besides an Epic or Ninja. Innova would rate it speed 14 or 15 I think. I could measure it after work.

Good look at this disc...seems to have some substantial turn but dumps off real hard. Interesting, but doesn't seem like a must have. I can see this working for some players for sure, though.

I'm on that same fence. I don't think it is a must have for those who throw Nukes,Destroyers,Halos,Tresspasses and the like.

It's flight reminds me of those discs.

The bulk of the disc turns me off too,I have smaller hands and a Speed 12 type disc is as far as I'll go before it starts to get uncomfortable for me.

A lot of those turning shots were intentional. I was throwing it on that 435' test hole I like to the trees with no turn.

Even ignoring the difference in diameter, and rim itself is much wider than any disc I have thrown besides an Epic or Ninja. Innova would rate it speed 14 or 15 I think. I could measure it after work.

Cool. Thanks man. :thmbup:

so from the vids and responses sounds like its a big huge heavy disc that really doesn't do anything all that special...? Plastic looks great but not seeing the correlation in huge rim and heavy weights making for a unique flight path, looks pretty standard for a distance driver and the low speed fade looks to just dump which is probably the weights'

so from the vids and responses sounds like its a big huge heavy disc that really doesn't do anything all that special...? Plastic looks great but not seeing the correlation in huge rim and heavy weights making for a unique flight path, looks pretty standard for a distance driver and the low speed fade looks to just dump which is probably the weights'

I don't mean to sound like I'm bashing this disc or anything,which I'm not, just stating an honest observation on the matter.

From the responses and Videos it sure sounds that way. Even though it is heavy Most of the weight seems to be in the rim(well it is obvious :p). That could maybe cause it to dump hard even if it was made in normal weights.

no bashing at all just trying to spark some discussion... as for weight being in rim I would think that this disc would be very gyroscopic if that was the case and we would see a more forward fade. I would guess there is a ton of weight actually more near the center of this disc around the flight plate, than say a smaller rim driver like a TB or Volt.

no bashing at all just trying to spark some discussion... as for weight being in rim I would think that this disc would be very gyroscopic if that was the case and we would see a more forward fade. I would guess there is a ton of weight actually more near the center of this disc around the flight plate, than say a smaller rim driver like a TB or Volt.

You know that is correct. I've thrown many throws with MVP Drivers and they have some crazy penetrating fade.

Maybe there is a lot of weight in the middle of these drivers.

You see the light :) with a rim so wide yet very narrow I don't see how it could be possible to have very much weight on the outside of the actual disc and the flight plates also have to be somewhat thick in order for the disc to support such a large rim.

I want to see Mike C throw a low 170's Prometheus ... Pretty sure Kilgus said that's where the distance potential will be seen?

Out of 9 throws yesterday I had 3 hit 400 to 415. Let me mind you on all these throws the disc never was any higher then 10 feet off the ground. I threw it similar to how I throw my pop top xcals. Low and flat. I did throw these with a touch of hyzer but not much. I did not have time to put air underneath it but from what I could see is that if I did the result was not going to be as good as being low to the ground. If they get these down below 180 I will buy more to try again. I had 2 186s and a scaled 191.

Aren't these discs being advertised as control drivers and not distance? I seem to remember their marketing niche to be how much control you get.

Distance is just a happy side effect!

Aren't these discs being advertised as control drivers and not distance? I seem to remember their marketing niche to be how much control you get.

Distance is just a happy side effect!

I've been throwing and testing mine for a couple of rounds now. Definitely not a control driver. If you get it right it flies a really nice line with some good distance. The problem for me is it is just too unpredictable. It also seems to drop out of the sky pretty quickly. I have a 189 weight.

INNOVA flight charts only go to Speed 13.

I've been throwing and testing mine for a couple of rounds now. Definitely not a control driver. If you get it right it flies a really nice line with some good distance. The problem for me is it is just too unpredictable. It also seems to drop out of the sky pretty quickly. I have a 189 weight.

Disagree, I use mine exclusively for control forehands and fan grip backhands. Some of the guys around here love to roll it as it will roll forever and some of the shorter throwers use it for distance. Either way it has a use for everyone IMO.

Sounds like Salient is having some issues with their injection molding machines.

I placed an order 2 weeks ago with an online retailer and my discs still have not shipped.

Fired off an email yesterday (to the online retailer) and their response was very informative to the situation but leaves me with a lack of Prometheus confidence.

Took my Prometheus out to the golf course again yesterday. ROLLERS! It's goes like it has an engine or something. Try it.

Sounds like Salient is having some issues with their injection molding machines.

I placed an order 2 weeks ago with an online retailer and my discs still have not shipped.

Fired off an email yesterday (to the online retailer) and their response was very informative to the situation but leaves me with a lack of Prometheus confidence.

Issue has been fixed with a new machine. Some things are out of our control....we can get weights in the 170s and the ability to get some in the 160s if we had to. Some new technology that we will announce soon has allowed this.

Last edited: