• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Proposed Course in South Jersey Facing Opposition - Help Needed DGCR

The only reason they are rare is because of a blight that wiped them out and not human intervention. Is not as simple as don't cut down the chestnut trees but I have a feeling that this guy has more motives than just trees. I bet the guy never even knew they existed here until they started this course otherwise when he watched them tear down the trees for the dog park and other stuff in the park he would of had a facebook page for that. :wall: I love when they show a diseased one in the pictures with this concerned face that it might be destroyed well :doh: You should have that diseased tree removed immediately before it causes any more damage to the healthy trees.

the only thing keeping thems from moving back to colorado is that park?? get a life.

chestnuts roasting on an open fire

While I understand your frustration, it does appear that some damage may have been done. If you're part of the group building the course, I would suggest a change of tactics. Apologize for the cut trees, then try to move forward cooperatively. You need to be seen as the more respectful and responsible party. You made mistakes, you're sorry and want to work towards rectifying the situation. Perhaps offer to plant new chestnut trees to the side of the fairways to offset those cut down.

Find out when the County's naturalist is going to be there and reach out to this Chris Schillizzi and have a joint walk through with the agreement that no one would tell the naturalist anything.

While I understand your frustration, it does appear that some damage may have been done. If you're part of the group building the course, I would suggest a change of tactics. Apologize for the cut trees, then try to move forward cooperatively. You need to be seen as the more respectful and responsible party. You made mistakes, you're sorry and want to work towards rectifying the situation. Perhaps offer to plant new chestnut trees to the side of the fairways to offset those cut down.

Find out when the County's naturalist is going to be there and reach out to this Chris Schillizzi and have a joint walk through with the agreement that no one would tell the naturalist anything.
From what I understand and what iI read is that they have already offered a truce and have promised to plant X amount of trees for any that were cut down. This Chris Schillizzi basically just spit in their face and told them that there was no compromise. He is a nut who thinks this park belongs to him and his fellow dog walkers. They cut many trees down for the dog park but he did nothing. They cut many trees for the path's and he did nothing. He did go against the cross country track team but lost and now it seems he is doing this as a vendetta to get his cry baby way. Heck if you are worried about damage i would think a bunch of teenagers running through the woods would be way worse than some disc golfers!!:popcorn:
They ran through the woods and showed all this damage but they were there from the start and did nothing to stop it. They took a picture of the orchid before work was done but neglected to tell anyone it was there. I think all he needed to do was say hey guys this is a rare orchid lets not destroy it or say hey those are rare chestnut trees lets only cut down the ones that are diseased but he didn't so in reality he has very little say as to what is being done.

I have no dog in this fight but it seems to me this dude is a person with a personal agenda and he is going to lie, falsify and censor anything that might prove him wrong as we see by his facebook page. If he truly wanted what was best for this forest he would have been there from the start because this has been public for a while from all that i read.

I'm not part of the group building the course. Just someone who visits the area every weekend wanting another course to play

If he truly wanted what was best for this forest he would have been there from the start because this has been public for a while from all that i read.

This was meant to say from the start of the process/proposal not construction which i have read he was in the woods as the construction was going on and is also verified by the pictures he took.

Was installation of this course halted because of this, or is this just the 'community' expressing their concern?

From what I read the course installation has been halted. I believe with elections looming the freeholder wants to wait until after the elections to resume this. I also hear that they are bringing in the county naturalist which will probably spell doom for this course but then again he/she may tell them that their dogs pissing and craping in the woods are worse than a disc golf course but i doubt it.

Was installation of this course halted because of this, or is this just the 'community' expressing their concern?

Last I heard everything was on hold. The grand opening was supposed to be this Saturday but that is no longer the case. No work has been done in the last two weeks because of this.

BAH, I think the "measure twice, cut once" rule could have helped in this situation.. literally.

Course development is very fragile ground, because there will ALWAYS be someone to oppose it.

Beware of the tree police, noise police.. and fun police.. :D

Here is a good example of how they continually change their stance when they realize what they are saying makes no sense. This is taken from the FB page. They previously stated this:

The Crazies said:
ALL we want is to avoid that rare trees are being cut because of the development of a disc golf course.

They also said that is "the only" thing they are concerned about.

Rational Person said:
I just read one of your other posts where you state you're not against disc golf but, "ALL we want is to avoid that rare trees are being cut because of the development of a disc golf course."

So if it can be shown that further development of the course can continue without any "rare" trees being cut, you would lift your opposition?

Now he changes it to this.

The Crazies said:
No because the course is running all through the woods off the walking trails and more damage will be done.

But all of that will be deleted from their page soon enough anyway...

That's probably the worst part about this whole thing. They must not think they are 100% correct if they keep on deleting the factual statements and truths that are being brought to light.

Latest posts