• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Proposed Course in South Jersey Facing Opposition - Help Needed DGCR

" Volunteers will be in the park every day alerting users to the county-led destruction of one of the area's last natural settings. "

as said in one of the photos.. Are they actually there ? I may just have to take a trip over

^Most likely. This guy pretty much lives there from what I can tell. At the meeting with the Mayor two weeks ago he said he walks his dog twice a day at the park.

I can;t wait to play the course and run into one of those tool bags. ill chase bullets in camden to play the course

From what I understand and what iI read is that they have already offered a truce and have promised to plant X amount of trees for any that were cut down. This Chris Schillizzi basically just spit in their face and told them that there was no compromise. He is a nut who thinks this park belongs to him and his fellow dog walkers. They cut many trees down for the dog park but he did nothing. They cut many trees for the path's and he did nothing. He did go against the cross country track team but lost and now it seems he is doing this as a vendetta to get his cry baby way. Heck if you are worried about damage i would think a bunch of teenagers running through the woods would be way worse than some disc golfers!!:popcorn:
They ran through the woods and showed all this damage but they were there from the start and did nothing to stop it. They took a picture of the orchid before work was done but neglected to tell anyone it was there. I think all he needed to do was say hey guys this is a rare orchid lets not destroy it or say hey those are rare chestnut trees lets only cut down the ones that are diseased but he didn't so in reality he has very little say as to what is being done.

I have no dog in this fight but it seems to me this dude is a person with a personal agenda and he is going to lie, falsify and censor anything that might prove him wrong as we see by his facebook page. If he truly wanted what was best for this forest he would have been there from the start because this has been public for a while from all that i read.

All of the above is correct, I had a 10 minute talk with this jacka... Asking how I can help, and if he could show me where the plants are that he would like protected - he refused, yelled at me for all 10 minutes, and called me all sorts of names, liar being the nicest...
No sense wasting efforts in changing his mind, not gonna happen.

their FB page is a joke.. they can't decide if they don't want it because of the cut down trees or the walking off trails (witch obviously they violated in the photos) or the fact that they walk their dogs outside the legitimate area (also shown in pictures) but don't want others to do the same..

a prime example of exclusion.. "BUT WE SHOULD BE THE ONLY ONES ALLOWED IN THE PARK *CCCRRYYYYY*"

Just got off a conference call with the key local golfers, and was joined by a key decision maker from the township. He seemed very positive that this course will go in, we may need a redesign... No biggie.

WHAT YOU CAN DO:

Like the Timber Creek Disc Golf - Facebook page

Locals, come to the Camden County Boathouse on N Park Dr. (near Rt 130 & Rt 70) Oct 18th at 6:30pm for the Freeholder meeting where they will have some open discussion and private Freeholder vote following. Show your support for the disc golf course gong in, in a positive manner.

Also, send emails to Jeff Nash, a Freeholder that has a big say.
[email protected]

His email has been put out to field both sides of the course installation. Please keep them nice, polite, and discuss the postitive community disc golfers that will travel to play the course, eat in the restaurants, and possible stay in local hotels. They are looking at the overall affect/impact this will have to their community.

Again, Thank you all for your support!!! This will happen as the overall disc golf community has shown a tremendous amount of encouraging support.

BTW, this course will be 5.8 miles from another little gem that already has 9 holes - Stafford Woods. Which should be approved for 18 holes sometime early next year. Nice place to come play two 18 holers next summer...

I posted too...and then it was immediately deleted and now I'm banned from posting or commenting on anything. I really admire the maturity of a group of people who aren't even willing to listen to opinions that differ from theirs, let alone censor the material that is posted on their page.