• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Proposed Course in South Jersey Facing Opposition - Help Needed DGCR

This is probably terrible to say, but how funny would it be if after all the bitching this Chris guy has done; Hurricane Sandy comes in and levels all the trees in the park. It would be an awful thing to happen to the park and the potential DG course, but man would I love to see his reaction.

And then to have the local discers come in and clean it.all up. Those lousy good for nothin wastes of space!

And then to have the local discers come in and clean it.all up. Those lousy good for nothin wastes of space!

Ha, the whole disc golf community comes together to clean the park while the non-DGers just sit and complain about the storm tearing things up...the irony of who truly cares about the land.

The guy on the opposing facebook must be pissed. I bet the hurricane killed a buttload of flowers. We better ban hurricanes.

Somebody should tell the opponents of the dg course that to imagine disc golfers involved in political cronyism is roll-on-the-floor laughable, since there in no money in installing courses and no money in dg activities. The course will be an infinitesimal line in the municipal budget and will need no more than volunteer maintenance. Add the fact that nobody can possibly make enough money off a dg course to be interesting to politicians, and you begin to be amazed at the ignorance required to oppose the course on suspicion of corrupt politics. They must be picturing people playing disc golf on a ball golf course.

Somebody should tell the opponents of the dg course that to imagine disc golfers involved in political cronyism is roll-on-the-floor laughable, since there in no money in installing courses and no money in dg activities. The course will be an infinitesimal line in the municipal budget and will need no more than volunteer maintenance. Add the fact that nobody can possibly make enough money off a dg course to be interesting to politicians, and you begin to be amazed at the ignorance required to oppose the course on suspicion of corrupt politics. They must be picturing people playing disc golf on a ball golf course.

They're rabble rousing, plain and simple. It's a common political technique to distract the ignorant from the actual facts. Unfortunately it happens a lot.

This is probably terrible to say, but how funny would it be if after all the bitching this Chris guy has done; Hurricane Sandy comes in and levels all the trees in the park. It would be an awful thing to happen to the park and the potential DG course, but man would I love to see his reaction.

I thought this same thing the other day after Sandy rolled through. I have had a lot of time to think about stuff the past couple days with no electricity(just finally came on 2 seconds ago). My area is seriously f*#%ed right now. Every other house has a tree laying on it, the beaches and boardwalks near me are gone, there are no traffic lights,every road and bridge in and out of here is closed, it is no man's land.

I thought this same thing the other day after Sandy rolled through. I have had a lot of time to think about stuff the past couple days with no electricity(just finally came on 2 seconds ago). My area is seriously f*#%ed right now. Every other house has a tree laying on it, the beaches and boardwalks near me are gone, there are no traffic lights,every road and bridge in and out of here is closed, it is no man's land.

That really sucks man. Hope everything works out for you. I really don't wish any harm on your park. Did your place make it?

The most hilarious thing is they are referencing Disc Golf Monthly as a moneymaker for Comcast. Its a great program and all but I don't exactly think that the creator of DGM is rolling in the benjamins...

Oh yea just found the anonymous idiot on facebook, wish I could see who the one person is that likes it... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Anonymous-4-CamCo/530571346957170?ref=stream

Last edited:
That really sucks man. Hope everything works out for you. I really don't wish any harm on your park. Did your place make it?

My house is pretty much fine thanks for asking, and it's cool man I knew you were joking. We got the same sense of humor because I was thinking the same exact thing lol :)

Now if you go to the Save timber creek park facebook page the guy is whining because he was not invited to a compromise meeting. Probably because they know the guy is a whacko!!!

...I feel your pain. After laying out 11 holes on 16 acres of wooded land perfect for golf, we get a phone call saying that they're putting an animal shelter on the ONLY park land that the PARD gave us to start working on.

Didn't the old hippy get the memo? Disc golf is a hippy sport. That crotchety old fool.

Latest posts