• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Protecting Healing Finger Blisters

juanbond

Eagle Member
So, I've heard of people using Liquid Skin or athletic tape over their index finger (or other) pad to protect a forming or healing blister. What do you all use (if anything) when you have a blood blister or regular blister forming or healing on your fingers' high-friction surfaces? I've got one that's healing up into a callous, and I really wanna go throw without ripping this thing open and delaying its eventual healing. What's the best method or product?

I have good luck with a bandaid or gauze with good athletic tape wrapped over it. The tape does a good job of protecting it, and the pad of the bandaid or gauze keeps it from ripping off the healing skin when you take it off.

Tape/bandage enough to prevent it from opening up, but don't do so too much, or else you won't have a callous form. Good callouses are definitely what you're shooting for here, not the prevention of them.

I have good luck with a bandaid or gauze with good athletic tape wrapped over it. The tape does a good job of protecting it, and the pad of the bandaid or gauze keeps it from ripping off the healing skin when you take it off.

I did this when it was blistery like, and then no band-aid underneath when it was just sore.

If I am practicing approach shots for over 2 hours I use the athletic tape below the knuckle and a separate one above it. This way, you can still bend it properly. On approach shots, I use the index finger on the outer rim, so the middle finger can get rubbed raw after 2 hours straight of fanning the other fingers. This makes it painless.

Wow, no "Just rub vagisil" or "Put on your big boy panties" comments. Just helpful information...am I at the right website??? :D

Seriously, a few wraps of medical tape seems to help when the top of my index finger starts looking like it's going to blister over.

Wow, no "Just rub vagisil" or "Put on your big boy panties" comments. Just helpful information...am I at the right website??? :D

Alright, taking the gloves off, then...

after you're done chewing your way through the affected flesh, try to save the limb by sterilizing the wound with your tears. Once you've stabilized your bloody flesh-stump with a stick or something, wrap it tightly with bandages and try to keep the flies/gnats from feasting. You should work up a good fester by about day 2, or the first day if you get it wet or it is humid where you live. Once it completely rots off, send us pictures.

:D

Alright, taking the gloves off, then...

after you're done chewing your way through the affected flesh, try to save the limb by sterilizing the wound with your tears. Once you've stabilized your bloody flesh-stump with a stick or something, wrap it tightly with bandages and try to keep the flies/gnats from feasting. You should work up a good fester by about day 2, or the first day if you get it wet or it is humid where you live. Once it completely rots off, send us pictures.

:D

:clap:Ah, now it feels like home!

What you need are called "Finger Cots". I had to use then when I had a cut on my finger, and a bandage would not stay on. This will protect your finger till it heals

Attachments

• Flents%20First%20Aid%20Cots.jpg
    Flents%20First%20Aid%20Cots.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 20

Seriously, a few wraps of medical tape seems to help when the top of my index finger starts looking like it's going to blister over.

Get off your computer and head back out to Kereiakas, you lucky bastard. Seriously, is BG not our DG Mecca?

Get off your computer and head back out to Kereiakas, you lucky bastard. Seriously, is BG not our DG Mecca?

:p Well put! We are truly blessed here. As nice as Kereiakes is, once my post-op knee fully heals:)o kick the parade of depricating insults into overdrive!), the first course I plan on hitting is Holler(close to Mammoth Cave). I will make it out to Freeman in E-town too.

Latest posts