• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Pspunch's 2013 Bag (now welcoming feedback)

pspunch

Double Eagle Member
Welcoming feedback and suggestions this year. I kind of have a winter set up going right now, bright, slightly flippier than normal. I also switched putters today, back to wizards, so I figured it was as good a time as any to start a new year's thread

548EC80E-A3DC-400B-B4BD-6E2071964049-1199-000000DB7353865F.jpg

Top down, left to right

175 SS Wizard - putter
175 S Wizard - new, freshy
170 ESP Zone - I throw lots of shots with this, as many as I can really. The most predictable, useful disc in my bag.
173 ESP Meteor - understable mid, nice lazy drift right the entire flight

180 DX Roc - beat - straight to slight turn
180 DX Roc - fresh - flat top, so it's a little faster and straight with a slight left finish
180 DX Roc - fresh - domey, pretty overstable for dx, still tons of glide
177 Champ Roc - domey, overstable

175 Pro Leopard - pretty straight, starting to get an ever so slight drift right
173 Champ Teebird - 11x, feels more like kc pro, very overstable and long
166 Champ Firebird - 12x flat, beating in and getting long for a firechicken
175 Champ Firebird - 12x flat, about a year old and still mega overstable

172 Star Roadrunner - this things a freak, it'll turn and come back hard, good for lines
170 Pro Destroyer - flippy, and crazy long
174 Star Destroyer - pretty fresh, strong fade, but will turn in the wind
173 Star Starfire - fresh, very overstable, wind

Love it! Don't think there is much advice I can offer. Don't like KC Pro Rocs?

Love it! Don't think there is much advice I can offer. Don't like KC Pro Rocs?

I don't really have anything against them, just haven't had one make my bag yet. They seem a little slick and are usually domey and overstable. Which isn't necessarily bad, but my champ roc has the o/s spot on lock down. And probably won't beat in for a while (rarely throw it)

I had a kc glow flat top that I loved, but I lost it.

Wizard for inside 30 and ions for out. Trust me, I've seen you hitting them.

My plan right now is to use wizards to putt out to 40', then use a jump putt to lay up out to 60'. Outside of that I want to try and use the zone as much as possible. I haven't had much luck with putter upshots lately when it counts

What distances do you throw? As far as I can tell, the only suggestion I would make is that your Teebird, Firebirds, and Starfires all seem to do more or less the same thing (given, they aren't all identical). Is there a way for you to simplify your bag by getting rid of one of those molds?

What distances do you throw? As far as I can tell, the only suggestion I would make is that your Teebird, Firebirds, and Starfires all seem to do more or less the same thing (given, they aren't all identical). Is there a way for you to simplify your bag by getting rid of one of those molds?

Golf D, I'm at about 280' with a roc, 330-350' with a teebird, and can close in on 380-400 with destroyers. My firebirds are pretty short because of how overstable they are, 250' for the 175, 300' if I'm lucky with the light one. The starfire can still get 350ish and is great for wind. I throw some forehand too, up to 200-225' with control then poorly up to 275 :)

These distances are all with a 3 step run up. This year I want to work on 4 and 5 step run ups. As well as acceleration and accelerating through the shot. I feel like I'm only at about 70% of my distance potential, still losing a lot of power because of timing issues.

5920697E-1F44-4B7A-A028-A0FEC3DF61D8-6196-0000094BF5759F17_zps69012a70.jpg

Top down, left to right

175 SS Wizard - putter
170 ESP Zone - overstable, bh/fh/oh, rollers, grenade
175 Eclipse Ion - forehand and some upshots
168 DX XD - nice upshot disc and all around short ranger

180 DX Roc - fresh - flat top, faster and straight, great hyzer disc
180 DX Roc - fresh - domey, decent fade, tons of glide

175 Pro Leopard - slightly understable
171 Star Leopard - straight, holds a turn... Or any other line
171 Champ Teebird - 11x, straight, pretty strong overlap with the star leopard

173 Champ Teebird - 11x, feels like kc pro, very overstable and long

Missed my edit window

This is set up for a short course tournament. I took out the star starfire right after I posted last and replaced it with a 167 pop top star destroyer. I've been looking for another one forever, great overstable disc, but it's out for Tourist Park. Also took out the roadrunner, a flippy roc and flippy star destroyer. I could probably take about 8 more discs if I wanted to, but I don't know the course well enough to really strip down. And I like to be ready for any kind of wind.

The star leopard is a new buy that found a home immediately. New, it feels like what I always wanted out of a beat teebird. The pro Leo/ star Leo/ champ teebird is a great combo. I'm going to try to keep my max disc count to 18 and switch out as few discs as possible this year

6F7FA595-FFE1-4A0D-BACB-66114EA45728-11313-00000F252FB35CFF_zps61b8c6c8.jpg

175 SS Wizard - putter
175 Eclipse Ion - forehand and upshots
170 Champion Rhyno - windy upshots, nice approach disc

180 DX Roc - fresh - flat top, faster and straight, great hyzer disc
180 DX Roc - new - domey, decent fade, tons of glide

175 Pro Leopard - slightly understable
171 Star Leopard - straight, holds a turn... Or any other line
171 Star Destroyer - turns a bit but will fade back. Uphill shots, downwind
168 Star Destroyer - beefy, headwinds and long sharp lefts

173 Champ Teebird - 11x, feels like kc pro, very overstable and long

It is so hard to not change my bag up!

Putters:
Took the xd out, never ended up using it for the short course tourney. And added a 170 Champ rhyno.

Mids:
Replaced the overstable dx roc (pink bottom stamp). It's been straightening out too much, I put in a new bottom stamp from the same run.

Drivers:
Took the 11x teebird out, overlapped too much with the new echo star leopard. I also added a beefy 168 star destroyer for wind and a flippy 171 star destroyer to go in between the pro and orange 175.

This will be my bag until 3/13/13!!

Played another icebowl this weekend. I'm really happy with the putter portion of my bag. The rhyno was everything I needed to tie it all together, a great compliment to my semi beat ion.

My mids did almost everything I wanted too. I'm leaning towards taking the domey bottom stamp roc out and replacing it with a flat usdgc star roc. Bag's locked tho and it's a white disc, so it'll have to wait.

Didnt get to throw the leopards much, teebird was perfect as usual. My pink destroyer is getting to be too flippy, tried to throw a big anny with it and it turned into a roller instead of riding the turn... I'm going to leave it in but pink pro destroyer and orange bottom stamp roc are on the 50/50 list.

I couldn't make it 30 days without adding a disc.... had to add a roc3. I was not liking the orange bottom stamp anyway and the roc3s that i bought are perfect for that spot. nice and straight will just a slight left finish, i'm excited to see how they beat in.

lost my pro leopard temporarily, got a call but don't have it back yet. pink destroyer is still in, I'm learning it more as it beats in. still a lot of life left i think

played a tournament yesterday. i don't think i threw a single roc. not sure why, just windy i guess. i threw the orange star destroyer and yellow star leopard the most. zone and rhyno got a lot of use too.

i'm taking out the flat top marshall street dx roc and puting in a 180 star mako. 2 reasons: i am quickly getting tired of my "straight" roc developing turn, and i won some funny money so i bought a handful of discs and a stool. also adding a champ leopard, haven't thrown them but looking forward to testing tomorrow.

BCB21FA5-28AD-4869-BEE5-CA147D3A52BC-6885-00000B56875D4956_zps5dc70d63.jpg

175 S Wizard - putter, but I might go back to ions
175 Eclipse Ion - putter, forehand and upshots
170 Champion Rhyno - most upshots, most forehands, my favorite new disc in a long time

173 ESP Meteor - understable mid, nice drift right the entire flight
176 Z Buzzz - might overlap with meteor, pretty understable but a great disc
180 Star Mako - fresh, trying out for straight shots
178 Glo Z Buzzz - pretty new, trying out some Discraft for TD

180 Champ Roc3 - not a buzzz in my opinion, still straight with fade. but not a ton
177 Champ Roc - domey, overstable. considerably more than the roc3
172 Pro Leopard - slightly understable, this is my back up. lost the other one but it's on it's way back
171 Star Leopard - straight, great disc

170 Champ Leopard - new, kinda domey, more fade than the star
173 Champ Teebird - 11x, feels like kc pro, very overstable

170 Pro Destroyer - flippy, been hyzer flipping it lately. great success
172 Pro Destroyer - new, pretty strong fade, overlaps with orange star DS for now
167 Star Destroyer - hogzilla, even in heavy winds it goes straight and fades... a monster

Putters:
no big changes. i might go back to ions when it warms up. the grip just isnt there when it's cold, but they feel like they have more glide than the wizards

Mids:
Added some buzzzes for fun. i don't envision using them for headwinds, but they are good discs. i'm looking for a more permanent set up, more premium plastic, more durability and longevity.

Drivers:
lost my pro leopard. i rushed out a bought a new one, then i got a call about the other one, so it should come back. i might end up ditching the star leopard for champ and putting in a dx teebird for super flippy fairway stuff. unless the pro leopards beat in more i'll need something flippier for extreme situations

not much change in high speeds. added a new pro destroyer. not because anything was needed, just starting on a backup for pinky. the orange star destroyer is breaking in to be my workhorse distance driver

I like your bag lot. That's a nice set up, its pretty similar to the types of setups I've thrown.

I like the driver set up. All shots cover, good disc selection. I like the idea of a DX Teebird.

I've been there with the mids From the look of your bag, I would say you're a good player, so I would say go with a Z Comet. It will cover all the shots the Metor, US Buzzz, and Mako. Like a 173-5g. It flies nice and straight with just a hint of fade out of the box, with just a slight hyper. It will hold anny lines for a long time, and their big wide anny's.

Once it beats in a little it goes to straight, which is what the Mako will give you, and hold a nice turnover like the Metor. It really helped simplify my mid section.

Pairing that with the Rocs, I think you'll find you like a lot. I throw my comets with a wasp combo, and it's helped confidence in my mid. It also helped me to start pushing the putters out even farther.

The biggest plus is that they always have comets in like 5 different shades of orange!

I like your bag lot. That's a nice set up, its pretty similar to the types of setups I've thrown.

I like the driver set up. All shots cover, good disc selection. I like the idea of a DX Teebird.

I've been there with the mids From the look of your bag, I would say you're a good player, so I would say go with a Z Comet. It will cover all the shots the Metor, US Buzzz, and Mako. Like a 173-5g. It flies nice and straight with just a hint of fade out of the box, with just a slight hyper. It will hold anny lines for a long time, and their big wide anny's.

Once it beats in a little it goes to straight, which is what the Mako will give you, and hold a nice turnover like the Metor. It really helped simplify my mid section.

Pairing that with the Rocs, I think you'll find you like a lot. I throw my comets with a wasp combo, and it's helped confidence in my mid. It also helped me to start pushing the putters out even farther.

The biggest plus is that they always have comets in like 5 different shades of orange!

sounds like something i'd like. I'll have to grab one next time I'm at the Proflight trailer.

175 Eclipse Ion - putter, forehand and upshots
170 Champion Rhyno - upshots, forehands, my favorite new disc in a long time
173 ESP Meteor - understable mid, nice drift right the entire flight

180 Flat Top DX Roc - kinda understable at full power, straight if you back off a little
180 Star Mako - fresh, trying out for straight shots
178 Glo Z Buzzz - straight and fast
177 Champ Roc - domey, overstable. great for glidey hyzers
175 Pro Leopard - understable fairway

175 Star TL - seasoned TL, straight flier
170 Champ Teebird - beat up 11x, nice drift right with a solid finish left
175 Champ Teebird - new glitter champ, nice and beefy
172 Champ Firebird - 12x not super flat, longer than the flat top
175 Champ Firebird - 12x super flat, extreme beef for short hyzers or big skips

170 Pro Destroyer - flippy, tail winds
172 Star Destroyer - a good amount of turn but will still fade back
175 Star Destroyer - starting to get seasoned, strong fade, but will turn in the wind
175 Star Destroyer - freshy, not as beefy as the 167 was, just a stable destroyer

Putters:
back to ions and lovin em. i've been mixing in a lot more FH shots and the ion/rhyno/zone combo work great together.

Mids:
i'm liking the premium plastic set up. i am still kind of hunting for a faster overstable mid. i threw a demon the other day and liked it.

Drivers:
TL and teebirds are back in. swapped out my ace firebird for a new one and added a star destroyer for wind. though i'm not sure if it's going to be a long term solution. i am also looking for a new high speed overstable disc
[/QUOTE]

Not so much commenting on your bag itself, just wanted to say I like the picture(s) and categorized summaries. More people should look into doing this (and/or adding the Sleepy ratings, just to get a better idea of wear IMO).