• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Gateway] Puffy Rimmed Wizards and Magics?

Prototype

Eagle Member
Mentioned on their Facebook page:
We've had a few phone calls recently asking for puffy rimmed Magics! A puffy rimmed Magic happens when the disc is pulled from the mold early before the disc has had time to cool. This causes the inside rim to become convex (see picture below) as apposed to flat. This causes the disc to glide more because air is trapped in the top portion of the convex where it meets the flight plate. It would be extremely difficult to build a mold with this shape as it would be impossible to be removed from the disc from the mold. So get your hands on this Limited Run of Magics!!!!

They have a pic on facebook. Discuss!

Taken from their FB:

1463467_10151898640507955_352095955_n.jpg

Now that's puffy. Wonder what it feels/flies like compared to a regular disc.

So tempted, I just got their mini-backpack and 4 discs deal. I am tempted to give them even more of my money now

Yea I know Ive seen some magics like this in our stock and just thought that they felt a bit wierd and noticed that they were puffy like this. Ill have to see if we have any more and grab on to try it out.

I think the flight difference isn't going to be very noticeable. I have thrown some puffy wizards and they feel nice, but I didn't notice too much variance.

I got a Eraser Wizard about six months ago that was like this, and thought that it was defective or something. Now I know, it was just puffy.

puffer-fish2.jpg

I just got mine in the mail and they are sweet...hopefully I can get two more. It seems to be a little shallower profile, I will have to check and maybe post up a comparison photo.
Very Grippy!

Black is the Puffy Wizard, Green is Organic, and Eraser.

I guess I was wrong...it is great plastic what ever it is!

picture.php

I got a 175 Wizard from Gateway as a demo, as for the plastic it feels to me like the RFF plastic rather than the SS that was mentioned in a earlier post. Mine was black and chalky. Im hoping for a good driving putter.

Man those are wild looking.

I wonder if any Magics are left. Not sure how that would feel on a Wizard? or maybe I should ask.

What's it feel like on a Wizard? lol

i dont use wizards to drive with anymore, because i cant get a clean release with a bead.
i wonder if this would help that at all?