• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Purest midrange

In so confused... Maybe I'm reading the OPs post wrong. He wants something more stable than a Z Buzzz... So everyone is recommending Mako3s and comets?? I would understand if he said he was just working on form, but he also said he doesn't want something that tracks right like his buzzz...

It's ok. This is what happens around here. The OP has already made up his mind anyway.

(Although I would say he should check out the MVP Axis. FTW) :)

Thinking about an Opto Pure, what would make the opto pure a great practice form disc from those who have mentioned it?

Last edited:
not great for practicing form but pures are great driving putters. its like a mini buzzz.

From the title I thought you were looking for a "pure like" midrange which IMO would be a tangent.

I am looking for a disc that has no turn or fade, that no matter what it's going to fly flat for the most part. This so I can work on my driving form to find where my flaws are.

I am looking for a disc that has no turn or fade, that no matter what it's going to fly flat for the most part. This so I can work on my driving form to find where my flaws are.

This is different from your OP. THIS sounds more like an X Comet.

Agreed. In your op it sounded more like you wanted something you could trust even with bad form. I'd say comet in this new context.

Try a champ mako3 then. Flat

yeah this sounds like a comet.... get a z comet to work on your distance driver form, and an x-comet for your "all around" form.

you could just use a putter to learn form too... that way you can do the pro move and drive off the tee with putters on holes that are still 300ft long.

After I read the whole first page I couldn't believe this hadn't been mentioned.

Another Comet Vote here!

The Pure is also a solid suggestion. I love mashing on my Opto.

This is different from your OP. THIS sounds more like an X Comet.

Yes, Comet or Foxbat.

Bingo.

The Pure has a higher HSS so it's not going to be as brutally honest as the Comet.

yeah this sounds like a comet.... get a z comet to work on your distance driver form, and an x-comet for your "all around" form.

you could just use a putter to learn form too... that way you can do the pro move and drive off the tee with putters on holes that are still 300ft long.

X Comet is the purest midrange.

Latest posts