• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

putter help

whatever feels best in your hand.

Yup...that pretty much sums it up. No one can tell you what to use. I personally putt with a DGA Titanic and/or a Soft Magnet...not too many people use the Titanic that's for sure, but it works for me...Try them all that you listed and see

I use my 170 Buzzz Z as my putter. I have a "true" unmarked putter, but I prefer the Buzzz -- it holds a line well (even in the wind), has excellent glide, and stays put in the chains. :D I have nailed several long putts with it that I couldn't have done with my "true" putter -- it has much better control for me. I have used a Magnet and like it too....but, the Buzzz is better. :D

Garret

Whatever feels the best to you. Putters are a personal choice, more so than any other disc in your bag. Take a month and putt with each putter you're considering. At the end of the trials pick what feels best and hits the chains the most for you. I tried everything under the sun I could get my hands on until I tried with a Wizard.

At the end of the day, the disc doesn't matter nearly as much as the person using it.

what do you want your putter to do?

you've listed 3 completely different discs that have (seemingly) 3 different uses... (Could be argued the Mako and Skeeter could be similar).

I'm partial to the DX Aviar putters but I'd try to find someone that has the full line of Gateway putters and check out the different soft plastics, some of them have a very comfortable grip. Then ask them which one flies most like an Aviar (is it the Voodoo or Magic?). The Wizard is more overstable, kind of like a Magnet if I recall correctly.

What are you looking for in a putter?
Are you looking to drive with it? Do you spin or pitch putt? What's your comfort range? How do you grip tour putter?

I generally suggest a wizard/bb aviar/challenger. The banger would fit with them.

I strongly agree--pick the one that FEELS best in your hand. a relaxed and clean grip/release seem most important with a putter. the more you stick with it, the more chains you stick. you can get away with changing drivers, but upshots and putts need consistency more than anything to me.

Latest posts