• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Putter only rounds

We talking just a single disc, as one putter in the hand for a round?

Would the rules allow putters only... multiple molds and discs for varying shots/stability?

We talking just a single disc, as one putter in the hand for a round?

Would the rules allow putters only... multiple molds and discs for varying shots/stability?
Pretty sure that putter only rounds are just that. A putter only.

I like this idea but yeah, once a month for me. No way I have the time to play putter only once a week.

I've been playing a lot of these since I got a nice understable/overstable driving putter pair (summit/ridge). My scores vary (just like my full bag scores do). I also like not sweating a ton schlepping the bag...

I love putter rounds. Evens things out a little, but I also carry 4 putters at the moment.
I don't post scores on here as I really don't want to publicize how badly I shoot on a pitch and putt course that often!

Pretty sure that putter only rounds are just that. A putter only.

I like this idea but yeah, once a month for me. No way I have the time to play putter only once a week.

Looks like the choice would be my stable/less beat Zero Hard Mercy :thmbup:!

I've been wanting to play putter-only rounds lately as I've never done it!

Sounds like fun. Mine would be Ion.

Yeah twice a week would be a bit much. To do that I'd have to be putting in 8-10 rounds a week. But putter only rounds are fun if you have a shorter course, which I do.

I've done putter & mid-range rounds before (Magic and QMS) and did quite well.
One of my best rounds ever was a two disc bag-tag match (ESP Comet and Champ FB).
Might be interesting to try putter only, when I have the time...

Yeah twice a week would be a bit much. To do that I'd have to be putting in 8-10 rounds a week. But putter only rounds are fun if you have a shorter course, which I do.

yeah there are def some courses around the TC where my score would def suffer pretty bad if it was putter

but id still do it for the fun of it

id use a driving one. and my regular putting one though

I usally play 7 to 9 rounds a week. I'm gonna play a all putter round within this next week an post my score. I will be useing the dart

I've been wanting to play putter-only rounds lately as I've never done it!

Sounds like fun. Mine would be Ion.

Ion and Anode work quite well. I've been trying out an SSS Wizard that seems to be similar but holds annies better.

I like putter only rounds on longer courses. It makes you use placement shots. There is an 8,000' course by me I want to play with just a putter, but it has mucky water or 4-5 holes. It would suck to be playing with one disc and lose it 9-10 holes in and have to walk back to the parking lot.

Now if your long course has a lot of open holes that would be really boring.

Watson Lake DGC in Prescott, AZ
Date/Time Played Holes Played
5/28/2014 5:00 PM 9 / 9
-- -- -- 870 27
Quick Stats: Aces: 0 D. Eagles: 0 Eagles: 0 Birdies: 1 Pars: 7 Bogies: 1 D. Bogies: 0 T. Bogies: 0 Discs Lost: 0
Round Notes: Mike and I, a putter round. Tied after 10, played from #4's basket back to #3's for the playoff. Fun. (Even)

Ion and Anode work quite well. I've been trying out an SSS Wizard that seems to be similar but holds annies better.
:hfive:

You know, I have been apprehensive to use my Ion for anything besides putts because I feel that it likes to roll a lot on the landing. Even my Tangent (before I lost it :() seemed to roll a lot if it caught an edge. I jokingly say that it's the Gyro technology, but yes I do think my Ion is rolly-polly more often than I would like.

Although I have been wanting to try my Ion more for drives and approaches since I know people like it as a driving putter. I have been exclusively putting with my Ion and then using my Challenger for straight approaches, but I want to utilize my Ion more. Still love my FLX Challenger more than anything though :D

Record so far is -3 with an Icon Clutch at Sylmar <everything except 16 easy>. It could have been so much better. Unnecessary bogey on 7 and 2 birdie putts I definitely should have had. There were 2 other birdie looks but you can't count on putts like that dropping.