• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Putter only rounds

:hfive:

You know, I have been apprehensive to use my Ion for anything besides putts because I feel that it likes to roll a lot on the landing. Even my Tangent (before I lost it :() seemed to roll a lot if it caught an edge. I jokingly say that it's the Gyro technology, but yes I do think my Ion is rolly-polly more often than I would like.

Although I have been wanting to try my Ion more for drives and approaches since I know people like it as a driving putter. I have been exclusively putting with my Ion and then using my Challenger for straight approaches, but I want to utilize my Ion more. Still love my FLX Challenger more than anything though :D

My bud always says that the Ion's roll too much. He put's with an Aviar. I've never seen any difference. I use an anode mainly as it is the closest to my early ION that I don't want to lose. (2'nd run that was made for cam realty, really early)
Landing flat seems to make more of a difference to me.
Trouble is, everyone I play with have Ions now....

I usually play 7 to 9 rounds a week. I'm going to play an all putter round within this next week and post my score. I will be using the Dart.

Maybe you could spend some of that time playing working on your English instead.

:|

Anyway, I like the idea. I love driving with putters, and it would be good practice on my upshots, especially if I play a bit of a longer course.

Maybe you could spend some of that time playing working on your English instead.

:|

Anyway, I like the idea. I love driving with putters, and it would be good practice on my upshots, especially if I play a bit of a longer course.

Dude what's it matter how I type online am I getting graded on this. Freakin grammer nazis.

I'm wondering if I'd actually be better in a putter only round with a different putter. I sure love my RFF Wizard but I'd bet I'd throw a Magnet better if that was my only disc.

I was at the course yesterday and there was a group of boy scouts playing. Ages from 6-12. All of them were throwing high speed drivers. So I gave each of them a new Wizard and they were having a lot more fun and had lower scores.

I can totally imagine them throwing those drivers left every time. Then they received the Wizard and they threw straight ahead. My wife's been driving with her Buzzz much better than her drivers.