• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Putters beefier than a ESP Zone?

I can drive my pig into the wind 250' with no sign of turn. What kind of a putt would require even more "OS"? And if this zone is already more OS than my pig, and the Op is asking for even MORE than a Zone provides!
There is a chance of a form problem going on.

So I've heard the Z zones are more over stable? I love my ESP Zone, but wanted to know if there was something ridiculous. BTW, I already own a drone and trident. Looking for something as unique as a Zone. Is it ti one of a kind, as far as molds?

In my experience the ESP Zones are more OS than Z Zones. The only plastic I haven't tried are the limited edition CryZtal Zones, so I can't speak to those.

So I've heard the Z zones are more over stable? I love my ESP Zone, but wanted to know if there was something ridiculous. BTW, I already own a drone and trident. Looking for something as unique as a Zone. Is it ti one of a kind, as far as molds?

the way i understand it, the puddle top ESP Zones are the most overstable, not Z, or Crystal

I can drive my pig into the wind 250' with no sign of turn. What kind of a putt would require even more "OS"? And if this zone is already more OS than my pig, and the Op is asking for even MORE than a Zone provides!

Just b/c the OP wants a very OS disc doesn't necessarily mean that he has poor form...ignorance

In my experience the ESP Zones are more OS than Z Zones. The only plastic I haven't tried are the limited edition CryZtal Zones, so I can't speak to those.

ESP Zones may be slightly more OS out of the box than a Z Zone but in the long run the Z Zone is a better option b/c it will stay OS way longer than an ESP Zone.

Grabboid is listed as more OS, but it's not. There's nothing that compares to a Zone. I just bought a Suspect, because many people said on here that it was a faster Zone. It's not. It's a great disc though.

The only putter that even comes close to the Zone in H&LSS is the Vibram VP.

I have two Cryztal Z, one glow Z, one proD, and a new ESP that I just bought today. I bought the ESP because it's not quite as crazy overstable as the others. (other than the pro D, which is not durable enough for me to use frequently) I use the Zone mainly for forehand or backhand approach shots that I need a guaranteed hyzer on, even if I throw it with anny to flex to flex around something.

Last edited:
OP

I think your best bet is to just stick with the Zone, it's a very unique mold. If you want a Zone that's OS & will stay that way try & find a Glo Z Zone...they're magic.

Thanks, it sounds like I will stick with my Zone for my over stable putter. It fits such a unique spot in the bag.

Look for a concave ESP Zone. The First Run Premi JOKERi is close to a flat ESP, but the concave ESP Zones are the beefiest putter (that's classified as such) I've thrown.

I have a Glo Z and an ESP. My ESP seems to be more stable than the Glo Z. Also, there was apparently a particularly beefy run of ESP Zones that was a milky pink color. People described it as "pepto" colored. I can't speak from experience, but they were rumored to be very overstable.

I have a Glo Z and an ESP. My ESP seems to be more stable than the Glo Z. Also, there was apparently a particularly beefy run of ESP Zones that was a milky pink color. People described it as "pepto" colored. I can't speak from experience, but they were rumored to be very overstable.

That's the one I have in my bag.

It is very overstable.

The Zone is possibly the greatest FH upshot disc ever. It's more of a utility disc then an actual putter.

In my experience the ESP Zones are more OS than Z Zones. The only plastic I haven't tried are the limited edition CryZwtal Zones, so I can't speak to those.

Comparing which Zone is more OS is splitting hairs, they are all OS as a mother. I have 14 of them (esp's, Z's, crystal Z's, and FLX's) and throw 150+ FH upshots per day.....Z's and esp's are very similar in stability, with the ESP breaking in more over time, both of them also land hard and fast and like to skip. The flx is my favorite out of the 4 types because it has a much softer flight to the ground, it softly falls to the ground when it runs out of speed. Z's and esp's can handle more power and won't flex like an flx, both FH and BH.

For me, the Zone is the single most important disc in my bag. I can park one anywhere up to 200ft with a static FH flick.

No, but in my opinion the zone is a standard midrange. I personally don't think "tweener" is very accurate either.