• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Putting disc for form practice

lovebecause

Bogey Member
I have a pure gold by latitude 64 and a piggy by innova. I am happy with putting these discs. I am also learning to work on my form by driving with the pure. I don't want to bang up my pure on the course so I'm thinking of buying a disc to drive with that I can also practice my form with. Any suggestions? Get another pure?

I have a pure gold by latitude 64 and a piggy by innova. I am happy with putting these discs. I am also learning to work on my form by driving with the pure. I don't want to bang up my pure on the course so I'm thinking of buying a disc to drive with that I can also practice my form with. Any suggestions? Get another pure?

Whatever you're putting with, get five more to practice with. Whatever you're driving with, get one more to practice with that can be your backup, as well.

Opto Pures are really good to throw and that plastic will be more durable than baseline and a little more than Gold. If you like the hand feel of the Pure, which is somewhat shallow, then that's a good option. If you're not attached to the Pure specifically then there are so many putters to choose from. Or get another Goldline. They are both pretty durable plastics.

Edit: Also I understand not wanting to gouge up your putting putter because of hand feel. But it's not a bad thing to have a really worn in throwing putter that you can trust for turnover shots. Beat up putters are the straightest discs out there or easiest to drift right, but are pretty sensitive for bad form...great for form work.

Last edited:
Buy a couple of Pures and an X Comet and go to a field.

Buy a couple of Pures and an X Comet and go to a field.

This is the best answer, though I might expand your plastic options for the Pure, with one being either Opto or another Gold, and the other being a Zero Medium or Hard, and maybe you will like putting with a less premium plastic better. I do, but YMMV.

Streets, why do you always take the words from my keyboard?

Whatever you're putting with, get five more to practice with. Whatever you're driving with, get one more to practice with that can be your backup, as well.

and in the same plastic types if you can or as close as you can, that helps as different plastics can make the learning worse being how different they are.

I use just the two putters I normally putt with while using a Stiff old baseline version as well.

Latest posts