• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Putting is hard sometimes...

Isn't that a penalty for stepping beyond his lie and not having balance to where he had to stumble forward?

Is he a lot further than it appears or something?

You can jump putt past 10 meters which is 32'9.7". It's hard to tell from the angle of the video but the putt was taken about 60' out.

Unfortunate things happen in all sports. But people won't really stomach someone saying that was the "fault of the putt". He threw a good putt, hit right side chains flush, 9 times out of 10 that putt drops. So when it doesn't you're bummed. Unlucky, sucks, unfortunate...etc. But you sound like a complete d-bag when you say something like "that's the fault of the putt not the basket". I think that's why the argument gets so heated sometimes. Should that putt have fallen? Yeah probably. But whatever, it didn't. My wife always laughs at me after a round, she'll ask me how I played. I'll say something usually to the effect of "pretty good, missed a couple putts I should have made, made a couple putts I should have missed."

How about near aces that spit out after hitting dead center chains? Learn to ace better? :|

So are you telling me that was a "bad" putt? It's not like that putt hit the side chains. It went into the chains hit the pole thus flipping it up vertically and out the other side. An inch to the right and I doubt that disc would half flipped up like that.

It's no fault of either IMO.

Bad putt... No.

Problem with his putt, Yes... it didn't go in!

IMO, the angle and force behind his putt is why it went thru the chains... If you think about it, How many times does that happen to someone putting? And if it is actually happening often... then how is it not a problem with the persons putt? the basket is a stationary object... lol :doh:

If it hits dead center chains and doesn't spit out, it's not an ace, unless the disc has passed through no less than 3 rings of fire, a makeup kiosk in the mall, and over a tank filled with sharks.

Are those single layer chains in that video? If so, there's your problem as Jaime from Mythbusters would say.

The disc was at fault...(Watch this: About to drive Brother Dave crazy) If'n that there disc thingy was an R-Pro Dart that was done did thrown, then you ain't gonna have no problems, right?

Bad putt... No.

Problem with his putt, Yes... it didn't go in!

IMO, the angle and force behind his putt is why it went thru the chains... If you think about it, How many times does that happen to someone putting? And if it is actually happening often... then how is it not a problem with the persons putt? the basket is a stationary object... lol :doh:

Ask yourself, if that putt hit half a chain-length over in any direction, up down left or right, or any diagonal, would it have dropped? The answer is invariably "maybe". That alone should mean that it's a case of striking it up to "unlucky" and moving on. Disc golf isn't that hard. You don't have to hit the exact area in the exact angle with the exact amount of force. We've all seen putts much worse than that, more off center, harder, softer, etc, fall, on many occasions.

How about near aces that spit out after hitting dead center chains? Learn to ace better? :|

one of the reasons I still don't have an Ace... lol

it doesn't bug me when it's happened though... because it's part of the game. And it's also what makes getting an ace so amazing/special.

But to each his own, there will always be complainers/whiners/pessimists. :wall:

The disc was at fault...(Watch this: About to drive Brother Dave crazy) If'n that there disc thingy was an R-Pro Dart that was done did thrown, then you ain't gonna have no problems, right?

If you're putting with an R-Pro Dart, you have bigger problems than a hillbilly vernacular. :\

(I have 2 R-pro Darts to be had, btw :|)

If you're putting with an R-Pro Dart, you have bigger problems than a hillbilly vernacular. :\

(I have 2 R-pro Darts to be had, btw :|)

I also have one...Um, what is the problem with my Magic R-Pro Dart, sir?

PM me...and I will give you the address to the R-Pro Dart Funville Ranch where you can send them to a life of happiness. I put my one disc out to stud...he has made at least 3 mini-discs so far...

We are so very happy in my brain place...:eek:

Just funnin' yah. I can't putt with the damn things to save my life. A basket with 4 layers of chains wouldn't help me b/c I can't get an R-Pro Dart to even sniff chains.

Latest posts