• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Putting on Windy Days

The best advice from Climo is to think about where you will be putting before you tee off. If you hate headwind putts...think about where the wind is before you tee off and aim for the other side so you are tail wind putting. Personally I use an Softx Challenger when the wind is from 2 - 5:30 on the clock and 6:30 to 10 on the clock. I'll use an APX swirl for the 6 oclock type putts and if the wind is really strong I'll use a Zone on the 12 oclock putts. I keep my putts very flat so the wind has minimal effect. When I miss..it was just a bad putt...and I can't blame the wind.

The best advice from Climo is to think about where you will be putting before you tee off. If you hate headwind putts...think about where the wind is before you tee off and aim for the other side so you are tail wind putting.

That's really good advice, I'm going to think about that next time I play in the wind. I definitely hate headwind putts, though practicing on the beach is forcing me to get better at them.

The best advice from Climo is to think about where you will be putting before you tee off. If you hate headwind putts...think about where the wind is before you tee off and aim for the other side so you are tail wind putting. Personally I use an Softx Challenger when the wind is from 2 - 5:30 on the clock and 6:30 to 10 on the clock. I'll use an APX swirl for the 6 oclock type putts and if the wind is really strong I'll use a Zone on the 12 oclock putts. I keep my putts very flat so the wind has minimal effect. When I miss..it was just a bad putt...and I can't blame the wind.

yeah, that is really good advice, I'm gonna take that one with me. It's little things like that, I haven't learned about the sport yet. Glad you guys are all pretty helpful on this site, I can actually learn something here that's going to improve my game :)