• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Putting practice discs

bhadella

* Ace Member *
Finally getting a practice basket for the backyard. I'm planning on getting a dozen matching weight and color DX Aviar P&A to use (rotating 2 thru my game bag at any time). Any suggestions for a good vendor to buy them? Any other suggestions?

gottagogottathrow has dx aviars for $7.15, or factory seconds for $5.49

innova factory store has f2's for $6/ea

one other suggestion

get 10 Pures instead :p
Want a putter a little more stable than a pure. I've tried kcs, wizards, challengers, supersofts, xds, and challengers. Aviar P&A has the right amount of Hyzer finish that I want.

Going online, you might not be able to get that many from a single vendor that are an exact match. I've gotten DX Aviars in all varieties of stiffness through the years. I'd contact the vendor and make a specific request before you order.

Thanks. Was going to try Clearwater, dd and Marshall street in that order if I don't get exact recommendations.

Dude take this opportunity to switch to the discmania p2 psycho putter. It is incredibly similar to the aviar P&A but the plastic is amazing. It's stiff enough for push putts but has a rubbery enough grip to snag the chains, and they look friggin awesome especially the black ones.

I've gotten 10+ identical models of at least 3 different putter molds over the years from Clearwater. There is a decent chance they've got 10 matching Aviars.

The only issue I've found with the practice putter strategy/baseline plastic is that the one you use most gets different from the others rather quickly--both in feel and flight. As putters break in they get especially different from outside 25'. So what I would do is practice 25' and in with all my putters, but only used my #1 when practicing outside 25'.

Basket

If you want to improve your putting, then get a Gateway Bulleyes.

I'll throw my vote in for Clearwater too. I did the same thing you're doing with a stack of Ions when I got my practice basket. They gave me exactly what I wanted and even called to make sure I knew exactly what I was getting (i.e. some were blanks, some weren't).

I do a lot of buying at discgolfcenter.com. free shipping. And the more you buy they give you a % discount.

I've gotten 10+ identical models of at least 3 different putter molds over the years from Clearwater. There is a decent chance they've got 10 matching Aviars.

The only issue I've found with the practice putter strategy/baseline plastic is that the one you use most gets different from the others rather quickly--both in feel and flight. As putters break in they get especially different from outside 25'. So what I would do is practice 25' and in with all my putters, but only used my #1 when practicing outside 25'.

I fixed this by buying 10 identical putters and numbering them 1-10. I carry two in my bag at a time, and I rotate which two every few rounds. Result: I have 10 identical #1 putters. If I lose one, no big deal.

I do a lot of buying at discgolfcenter.com. free shipping. And the more you buy they give you a % discount.

^I agree with this, if you aren't buying local. If you can buy locally, try that first. Most shops will work with you on price for a larger purchase like this. Plus, you can help support the folks that make your local disc golf scene work.

I fixed this by buying 10 identical putters and numbering them 1-10. I carry two in my bag at a time, and I rotate which two every few rounds. Result: I have 10 identical #1 putters. If I lose one, no big deal.

That's a good idea...though I think I'm too OCD for that. I MUST believe that my #1 is special.:eek:

My local disc golf shop is pretty expensive. Its usually 3-4 dollars cheeper to buy the disc online and have it shipped for free to me. It just depends how fast I want it. If I can wait a few days I save 3-4 bucks.