• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Putting Practice

disregard this message. its hard to post from my phone sometimes

Last edited:
You can do a lot with cones (in my case, it also really helps to involve the kids) to break up the drudgery of putting practice, which is another thing that putting practice needs to be - fun! Around the world, H-O-R-S-E, putting races, etc.

Dont forget ring of fire... if you have enough people that is.

50/50 5 steps 100%
45/50 7 steps 90%
39/50 8 steps 78%
16/50 9 steps 32%

I'm sure 9 steps is in my head more than anything. Going to spend a few days working between 8-10 and try to figure out why it drops so drastically from that point. Feeling pretty confident from 7 and in.

40/50 8 Steps 80%
27/50 9 Steps 54%
24/50 9 Steps 48%

Much better at 9 steps over yesterday. Still looking to improve. Will continue to spend more time at 9 and eventually 10.

Wanted to add that since I started tracking %'s I have gone from 72 to 88% at 7 steps, and from 71% to 80% at 8 steps. Even though a took a few weeks off due to frustration, I was able to pick it up and start right where I left off.

Last edited:
41/50 8 Steps 82%
31/50 9 Steps 62%
14/50 10 Steps 28%

From 9 steps I am improving quickly. 10 is atrocious but I have faith that it will climb just like 9 has so far. I'm sure it's in my head more than anything. Going to spend most of my time at 9 and 10 over the next few days.

Also played doubles again yesterday. I hit two 30+ foot putts after my partner missed. Definitely feeling more confident when I am out on the course.

Last edited:
Just keep practicing. You'll get it sooner than you think, then you will be able to make 50% at 15 steps

Latest posts