• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Quad Straps

Midnightbiker

* Ace Member *
Bronze level trusted reviewer
OK, my new Champion bag is getting heavy for one shoulder. What are good Quad Straps to invest in. I have heard horror stories about Innova, so I guess I should avoid them.

metal said:
carry less stuff

I carry what I need. Two drinks, two towels, baseball, bug repellent, pens, pencil, mini,score cards,mini clip board, and 15 discs.

Midnightbiker said:
metal said:
carry less stuff

I carry what I need. Two drinks, two towels, baseball, bug repellent, pens, pencil, mini,score cards,mini clip board, and 15 discs.

Ok, I gotta ask. Why do you carry a baseball in your bag?

Midnightbiker said:
I carry what I need. Two drinks, two towels, baseball, SPIDER repellent, pens, pencil, mini,score cards,mini clip board, and 15 discs.

fixed!

rromeo said:

Probably for getting discs un-stuck from trees.

quads are the best thing out at the moment....but innova is going to release a new/remodeled set of their own in the future. if you are in a pinch, pick up the quads. if you can be patient and see what innova has to offer then you have a choice to make between two great products.

Has anyone ever had the stitching on there bags tear where the quadshocks attach to the back of the bag? I have an Innova bag and this recently happened and not owning a sewing machine I was wondering how I could fix it. Can it be done with needle and thread?

rromeo said:
Midnightbiker said:
metal said:
carry less stuff

For getting discs from out of the trees when they get stuck. I use a "TeeBall" baseball, because they are a little softer and don't hurt as bad when they hit you if you don't get out of the way in time from the falling ball.

I forgot who told me about carrying a baseball or a golf ball for getting stuck discs down, but it works great. I have used it many times. It you use another disc, you might risk getting two discs stuck if the tree has full branches. The baseball rarely gets stuck.

Phenix quads are the only 4 point straps with actual shock absorption at all 4 attachment points, as far as I know. Therefore there isn't any actual competition to them in the market for 4 point straps. Phenix is the way to go.

I still think you carry too much. bug spray can stay in the car. I only bring one drink at a time and keep one in the car in a cooler. I bet you dont use all 15 discs. switch from a baseball to a golfball. and do you really need two towel? just a opinion but id downsize.

metal said:
I still think you carry too much. bug spray can stay in the car. I only bring one drink at a time and keep one in the car in a cooler. I bet you dont use all 15 discs. switch from a baseball to a golfball. and do you really need two towel? just a opinion but id downsize.

You also don't live in texas. It's currently 102 degrees outside and humid, with mosquitoes the size of cats. Less than 2 (large) drinks are not an option during summer play. I don't know about MB, but I DO use all 15 discs I carry (7 molds), and golf balls suck compared to baseballs for getting stuck discs out of trees. Why try to convince somebody they're carrying too much if it's working for him?

Phil, go with the Phenix quads. I've had mine for a few months now and I can no longer imagine what it was like to play without them.... 40 bucks well spent.