• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Quail ridge

Dlaymo

I'm pretty new to disc golf but really have fallen in love with it. I love quail ridge.....great holes that are fair. Has anyone played the back tees? They look impossible and are not overly visually appealing

If you're new to disc golf, the back tees will definitely seem hard, probably too hard, on any course. stick with the short tees until you've played longer.

yo...i'm a StL area player as well and, in my opinion, the real problem with the back tees @ quail ridge isn't the increased difficulty, as many of the holes there can certainly stand to have a little challenge added, it's that so many are hard to find, are variably marked, and are inconsistently maintained. perhaps that's been improved along with the work that's gone on at the course (new pin positions, tee signs, etc.), but i haven't taken the opportunity to find out.

I hope to go play there today so I will let you know my thoughts when i get there.

Not to thread jack but since some of you are stl people is lindenwoods course open to the public?

^^^i've never had any problem playing @ lindenwood. pretty confident that if you are respectful of being on their campus, they will be happy to have you.

^^^i've never had any problem playing @ lindenwood. pretty confident that if you are respectful of being on their campus, they will be happy to have you.

Thanks Im gonna have to get up there to play it before I head back to springfield

yo...i'm a StL area player as well and, in my opinion, the real problem with the back tees @ quail ridge isn't the increased difficulty, as many of the holes there can certainly stand to have a little challenge added, it's that so many are hard to find, are variably marked, and are inconsistently maintained. perhaps that's been improved along with the work that's gone on at the course (new pin positions, tee signs, etc.), but i haven't taken the opportunity to find out.

I played quail ridge today and it looks like all the back tees are marked by a 4X4 post they are still natural tees though, and most of them have really tight lines to hit from the few I went and stood at just to look and see what they were like, but I have only been playing 2 years or so and I am used to more wide open course since that's how Springfield, MO courses are, so it could be my inexperience for looking for lines

^^thanks for the update on the back tees - glad to hear they've been marked since i last looked for them. from your review it sounds like you had a good time and enjoyed the course. shoot me a PM if you want to meet up and throw a round at any of the closer-in courses (JB, endicott, creve, or some of the 9'ers) before you head back to springfield.

Latest posts