• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Quarantine friendly frisbee activities

Tim_the_Enchanter

Birdie Member
Hi folks, I'm being tasked by our parks department to write up an article or make videos for frisbee type activities people can do in the absence of disc golf (our course is closed down for the time being). Off the top of my head, I can think of a few things that would be suitable. Obvious candidates are putting practice (if you have a basket of course), field work, and mini golf. I'm also thinking of backyard games like Kan Jam or beersbee. And of course, good old fashioned catch. I'm wondering if there are other solo or small group type frisbee games that you guys have experience with that you like to play? Thanks for any input!

Playing alone on a DG course.

Or in a small group practicing social distancing. Trying to get anyone to do anything besides that seems like a waste a time to me.

They are great for persons of the same household.

Frisbee horseshoes, freestyle tricks.

Yeah, I'd refrain from any activity that involves more than one person contacting the same object, unless those people are already living in the same household.

Thanks for the feedback so far. Frisbee horseshoes, MTA, and freestyle are all good suggestions. I agree that playing solo DG would be great, but being as the course is closed (baskets pulled) it's not something that I can really recommend. I should also note that this is not exactly aimed at the hardcore discer, this is more of just an outreach to the community for things to do while we're locked down. The primary audience is likely families looking to do things outside when all their usual amenities are out of commission.

I believe that disc golf can be played safely with social distancing, if your local parks are still open. Just don't go with anyone except people you live with. And leave if it starts getting crowded.

I've been having a lot of fun with flip tricks recently. Was actually thinking of posting a vid with some ideas for people to try. Then I saw in the mirror what my hair looks like...

I've been having a lot of fun with flip tricks recently. Was actually thinking of posting a vid with some ideas for people to try. Then I saw in the mirror what my hair looks like...

I've been noticing a lot of people don't wait for perfect before they record and upload. Don't worry about it... if you're serious that is :)

Teach me how to do that hand flip that Simon does.

Frisbee Bocce (throw a disc or ball to aim at, then follow bocce rules to have two teams or people throw and count points for the closest discs to the ball thrown at the start)

Frisbee baseball if it is a large family: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=90&v=34sHefo_Kjs&feature=emb_logo

Frisbee bowling using 2 liters or similar objects to throw at.

Frisbee razorblade: Perphaps not as parent approved, but as a kid we used to wing frisbees at each other...if it hit you in the left arm you couldn't use it, the leg you couldn't walk anymore, your core you are dead and out.

Latest posts