• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Quarter K and T-Bone Discs

Preacher

Hello everyone. Can anyone give me some advice or their opinions on the Quarter K by Discwing and the T-Bone by Quest. I picked up these two discs for real good price but I really know nothing about them. What are they good for and how do they fly? I would appreciate any advice. Thank-you all in advance for your input.

I just got a t-bone too, it flies nice...very straight but is kind of short to me and I have enough discs that have its flight characteristics...it might end up being a good control driver though.

I love my t-bones. Great control driver. Its a little bit understable, and the 80/20 plastic seems to be pretty durable. I haven't thrown one in any of the other plastics quest uses. I always keep two in my bag.

The T-Bone was my first driver. Terrible forehand disc, okay for backhand. I was able to control it pretty well, but it was soon replaced by an Eagle. I also found it useful for skip tomahawks where the disc skips off of its top side and dives to the right, very useful get out of trouble shot.

Quarter K is a pretty good distance driver. It could hang in there with my Surges, but I didn't like the plastic much.

I have thrown a t bone. It is strait but not real long. Like a fairway driver. A better driver from Quest that is similar the the t bone but much longer is the Scream DT.

Last edited:
I would love the scream dt if I could get one in the 80/20 plastic. All I've ever tried is the srp which is not durable at all. It doesn't handle hitting a few trees very well. At least not as well as the 80/20 or the premium plastic seems to.

You bought two discs that you know nothing about? Interesting.

Why is that interesting? I knew that they were drivers and that they were in good shape plus the price was great. I have a couple of Discraft disc that I know very little about. As for my Innova discs the only knowledge I have about them is what the Innova website says. The discs may do what they say and they may not for me depending on technique, skill level, and what I personally try to use them for. So, basically every disc I have ever had, I really knew very little to nothing about until I started to throw them and even then it took some time before I got to know the particular disc that I was using. Specific knowledge about a specific disc is not a pre-requisite in order to use that disc. The only knowledge you need is how to throw one.

Why is that interesting? I knew that they were drivers and that they were in good shape plus the price was great. I have a couple of Discraft disc that I know very little about. As for my Innova discs the only knowledge I have about them is what the Innova website says. The discs may do what they say and they may not for me depending on technique, skill level, and what I personally try to use them for. So, basically every disc I have ever had, I really knew very little to nothing about until I started to throw them and even then it took some time before I got to know the particular disc that I was using. Specific knowledge about a specific disc is not a prerequisite in order to use that disc. The only knowledge you need is how to throw one.

The point I was making was, you can spend a lot of money by buying discs with out doing your home work. I like to check the numbers on discs, and look up reviews and ask questions before I buy a disc. I also will see if someone I know has one, and let me test fly theirs before I buy one.
If you buy a disc because it looks neat, or because you have a dollar burning a hole in your pocket, you could be just throwing you money away, if you end up buying something that won't work for you.

Just like you would do you home work before you bought a car, or a TV or stereo, so why wouldnt you do research before you buy a disc. Before I buy a disc, I ask myself " What do I want this disc to do for me?" Lets say " I want a driver that will go dead straight for tight fairways" , then I do my research. I asked questions on the site, talked to other players, read reviews, and looked at the numbers.
After all of that , I got a Pro Leopard. The disc flies dead straight and is great for tight fairways.
Just some advice to keep you from spending money on something you might not need.

I prefer to try discs I know little about...it is expensive, but if you keep the trade stream going, it isn't too bad.

Don't throw the Quarter K into a tree...it will destroy it.

It'll destroy the tree? Man, I got to get one of those, is it made of Plastique explosive?

Why buy new discs to try out when you can trade it?