• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

question for TD's about tournament sponsorship through manufactures

mndiscgolfer

Who gives the best bang for the buck when it comes to disc golf tournament sponsorship through the custom stamped disc programs or the like.

I have had luck with both Innova and Discrafts programs getting extra swag for my events. Innovas selection of "free goods" with the traveler basket and bags you can choose from are great prizes. Discrafts bag of swag from the site hasn't been updated in years.

I'd like to try someone new if anyone has any suggestions.

Do any of the bag manufactures work with TD to get good prices?

I've heard great things about the pricing Gateway will give you, but I've also heard mixed reviews on their follow through especially when you don't give them enough lead time before the event to work out any issues.

The DGA has done great by me. If they dont have a following in your area, you'll get some really good pricing and they'll give some nice options for swag.

Gateway is good to work with as well. Sometimes they'll cut the time close. One event I bought so much that I was getting a Bullseye basket as part of my swag. I took the basket instead of more hats, bags or shirt because I know I'll move the basket. Never showed up even after several calls and emails. They made it right when sending it a month after the tourney with a Mini Backpack and some nice hats. The only thing is I got all this after the event...so I have a Bullseye Basket, Mini Backpack and hats i dont need.

I haven't worked with anyone other than Innova, Discraft, Gateway or the DGA so I can't say about working with them.

shoot figured this woulda struck up a lot more conversation, not many TD's here huh.

guess i shoulda said i heard Feldberg is not gonna shave till Midnight of the solar eclipse... thoughts? ha

I've never had issues ordering through Gateway. I've ordered through their custom tournament specials last year and this year, and was not disappointed. Order was processed and shipped within a week, and was delivered at my doorstep only two days after shipping.

$380.00 for 50 discs and minis (+$$ extra for premium plastic discs). Great deal!

If you 'like' Gateway on Facebook, they'll promote TD only tournament packages every now and then. Some are truly excellent deals.

For the past 10 years I've really only dealt with Discraft, but since going with Gateway last fall for the first time, they're my first choice from now on. I'm ordering for an event right now; Gateway order was resolved (questions, answers, order placed, payment made) in one day over a couple of emails. Discraft process started almost 2 weeks ago and they still havent billed my cc and I have no idea what the status is. gateway wil ltake paypal, dc would not, and dc is giving me a hardtime about shipping collect on my business ups account; Gateway give me more swag for shipping on my own dime. Ontario is going to be overrun with Gateway putters in 2013!!

I've heard that Gateway DOES offer pretty good pricing, but it all depends on what you can move.

As far as I can tell, Gateway doesn't (in my area). All our throwers want Innova and DC, and are just starting to like the Scandinavian stuff.

I've heard that Gateway DOES offer pretty good pricing, but it all depends on what you can move.

As far as I can tell, Gateway doesn't (in my area). All our throwers want Innova and DC, and are just starting to like the Scandinavian stuff.

When you're getting tourney stuff...it shouldn't matter. Players will play. If Gateway wants to get their discs in your area, you'll like get a much better deal.

I have dealt with Innova and Discraft both on custom stamped stuff for tournaments and I have to say I always got the best deal with Discraft. They always throw in plenty of swag with your order. I know a few td's who have also got good deals from Gateway.

I have dealt with Innova, gateway, legacy somewhat. Innova can be a pain if youre a first time customer, but as long as you know what you want, how many, have you art figured out and whatnot it shouldnt be a big deal. They do have a longer turnaround than say, gateway in general though, mostly due to them being tons bigger.

When dealing with gateway, if you get to deal with dave, keep your emails. If you speak to someone who isnt dave, get their name for reference later. If you can help it, do the majority of your dealings with them thru email. Dave is notorious for bullying people and changing plans without consulting the other party. He tried to do it with me, i told him to reference the emails where he agreed to something and thats what i was expecting, he eventually dropped it and went withthe original agreement. Then our order was shipped to the wrong address, shipped back, and re shipped to the right one, the evening before a tournament... Also, it was short about 30 discs. That combined with a miscommunication between dave and his art guy which led to them falling behind with our order to begin with, and just talking with dave in general (if you ever have, you know what i mean) it was an exausting, frustratin ordeal. I myself wont be doing it again.

I've only dealt with Innova and Discraft, and although they're different they're basically the same.

Innova's discs are a little more expensive, but they give you way more in free stuff like baskets, bags, shirts, dvds, good stuff.

Discraft's discs are a little cheaper, but they give away far less free stuff.

In the end it balances out.

When you're getting tourney stuff...it shouldn't matter. Players will play. If Gateway wants to get their discs in your area, you'll like get a much better deal.

If you're giving out discs as players packs, then yes, that will work. Our players packs are $10 vouchers to the tourney store, so the Gateway just sits there for the most part.