• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Question on "my" Stalker

Technohic

* Ace Member *
I have an ESP stalker and I noticed people talking about them as being flippy, or at least Z stalkers but thats what I am curious about.

Mine, in comparison to my Teebird is a good bit more stable, very noticeably so, and at first I thought it was weight difference as my champ Teebird when I got it was 165 and the Stalker is 173. Well, I lost that Teebird to a pond with reeds and now have been throwing a champ 169 Teebird which is now only 4 grams different and dont notice any difference than my original Teebird. The Stalker is still a good bit overstable, and I am talking I cant do much with other than hyzer.

Anyone else have experience with this?

Think its still just the 4 grams or is it a plastic thing?

Some Stalkers are like Firebird-lights.
Sorry, sound like you got one of those.
4 grams does not make that much of a difference.

Some Stalkers are like Firebird-lights.
Sorry, sound like you got one of those.
4 grams does not make that much of a difference.

That fits the way it flies actually very well. Ahh well. Maybe I should start overhanding or at least forehanding it.

Once you beat it in some , it will straighten out. Mine took a while, but it now goes straight,

My Stalker is wicked straight, and not at all Flippy.

\/\/

I agree with will. I have a Z stalker and it is very new (less than 10 throws). Straight as an arrow with very little fade.

maybe it is the disc, or you might not be getting enough speed on the disc to fly straight.

They have not been widely released in ESP, so you're basically throwing an experimental model. Discraft probably learned things from that run so that when they actually release the ESP Stalker they can tweak it to have more Stalker-like flight characteristics. Get a Z. I've bought probably 20 or so first runs, productions runs, and Glos. They range from mildly overstable (but less than most new premium Teebirds), to perfectly straight. None are flippy, though the lighter ones have a little turn to them when thrown hard (more than 340-350'). Anyone who thinks the Stalker is flippy probably doesn't know how to throw anything but overstable discs or has a cannon arm.

many people that have the ESP stalkers I imagine have the PDGA disc, as they have been giving that disc as opposed to the Stalker that many people don't like.

I recently signed up for PDGA and hopefully get an ESP and an hoping it is similar to the Z model I love, or slightly stable where it will beat into the straight flying Z model i throw now.

I bought a 171 glo that is more overstable that I was expecting, almost no high speed turn. It was very different from what everyone was saying about this disc that I had to try another one. I now have a 164 yellow Z that flies as advertised.

It'll roll.

That's personal. It doesn't roll if you throw it clean and flat/slight hyzer. I forehand my Stalkers all the time. I can't power them, but for nice smooth shots its great. I throw them up to 300' forehand.

Had a 175 champ teebird that was beat in and a 172 Z stalker that was brand new and the stalker was more flippy.

I don't about esp, but my z stalker is my most accurate disc... as long I don't try to throw it past 300'. It seems to get flippy if I put to much juice on it.

Everyone says flippy but even my light ones aren't - even when they start crusing. Now granted, a light one thrown with that much air- if it catches wind during it's cruise, will turn a lil but comebackif thrown on the correct angle.

Latest posts