• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Questions for Ace Race TD's

Something about that doesn't seem right...

Yeah, 'cause it's more like $5 profit after shipping, and even less when you factor in man hours put into preparation, money that goes towards optional runner-up prizes and CTPs (not everyone does this, but I like to add as much fun factor as possible), gas, promotional materials, etc.

For me, it's always been about breaking even. I've made a whopping $40 one time.

Edit: I see you were teasing the math FAIL, thought you were griping about TDs making profit. Carry on.

Last edited:
I don't like the idea of selling out Mulligans. That seems like it would hurt the purpose of the event-to draw in new players. Something like the Ace Revenge seems like it would be a better idea.

With how short-lived an Ace Race is (unless you have like 100 people), another ace-themed event is definitely what people are looking for, especially when they get to use their own discs! I've had nothing but positive feedback to the Revenge from last year, and I think it'll go over even better this year with Gateway getting involved. I gave everyone 3 mulligans last year, but a mulligan ace would get trumped by a legit one.

I play in mine. It was the whole reason I started one. I throw two throws on each hole to finish faster.

My reason is the same as yours. I really wanted to play in one! and thanks for the tip! I will do the same for the first round and that will give me tons of spare time to film the second round! I am stoked! Only a week away from ordering the packs! I'm itching to get my hands on them discs....:popcorn:

I don't like the idea of selling out Mulligans. That seems like it would hurt the purpose of the event-to draw in new players. Something like the Ace Revenge seems like it would be a better idea.

I agree with you... next year, I probably won't sell mulligans... and I am mulling the idea of adding an Ace Revenge.. depends on what kind of feedback I get in the next few days.. but this year.. I would say just about everybody coming to my event is going to buy mulligans because all that money will get added into an ever expanding Ace Jackpot fund... and then every last dime will get paid out at the end of the Ace Race... because an Ace Race is the last event that my club holds each year. We also have our League Awards before the event starts.

Latest posts