• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Quick Question

Schusterick

Question. I'm on my way to the BHMO in Columbus and started thinking of all of the former players on the pro circuit who've taught me how to elevate my game. Honestly, who are the pros today that you'd love to learn from? Name the technique (drive, putt, etc.) and the player. And......go

Putt - Nikko
Long Drive - Schusterick
Shaping Lines - Johansen
Approach - Climo
Forehand - Wysocki
Overhead - Schweb

interesting topic, very cool.

I agree with many of sheaD's but I would switch long drive to GG or Wiggins, no offense Shoestrings :). But I do not want the long drive for my game I would need it to beat Kachtz (Trey Hamlett) in a distance competition some day :)

Last edited:
interesting topic, very cool.

I agree with many of sheaD's but I would switch long drive to GG or Wiggins, no offense Shoestrings :). But I do not want the long drive for my game I would need it to beat Kachtz (Trey Hamlett) in a distance competition some day :)

None taken, buddy! Good answer

Climo was using a Sonic for several floating approaches I observed. Thought that was a clever choice.

I'd love to learn some putting technique from McBeth after watching worlds! I'd also like to pick your brain on those big hyzer shots. BTW, when are we going to see some course reviews from you Will? I'd love to read a top level perspective on some courses!

I would say Feldberg for everything. Having watched some of his clinic videos I think he is very knowledgeable and well spoken. He is probably one of the most experienced disc golf teachers. If you watch his clinics some of the other pro's lessons are not very good. Having a skill doesn't mean you know how to teach it to others.

Feldberg for putting I use the same rhythm as he does...
Schusterick for all driving due to very similar body build...

also a little of Big Jerm for my flick...

Dave Greenwell would be good for a variety of specialty shots considering he's still one of the top scorers in the EDGE Skillshot competition at Worlds.

Feldberg for everything, i think whatever short comings he may have in any one area of the game over a different player is outweighed by his ability to instruct....

In many sports, the best coaches are not always the best players. My favorite person to learn from is a local guy here who has been playing for over three decades.

Putting - Nikko
Pretty much everything else - Feldberg
Forehand - Big Jerm

I'd like to learn how to forehand like Wysocki or Jerm.

Long Drive- Schusterick
Accurate line shaping drives- Barry Schultz
Mid range shots- MJ
Putter throws- local guy, Clayton Nash, is who I learned from
Putting- Wysocki, Mcbeth, or Feldberg(jump putts)

It's hard for me to pick because I would like to learn from any pro. But...watching videos online all the time and two things have really stuck with me...

1. Will Schusterick 400+ foot drive at Seven Oaks hole 14 during 2011 Music City Open (I play 7 Oaks all the time)
2. Jeremy Koling - flicking 400+ effortlessly over a large body of water (stand alone youtube video out there).

I'm 6'4" 160...I can't back hand worth a **** but seeing Shoestring do it gives me confidence.
Koling and Wysocki both tear up the flick shot in a Disc Golf Monthly video, but Jeremy makes it look completely effortless.

So I guess...if I got to hand pick instructors it would be Will for back hand and Jeremy K for sidearm shots. I guess I can save putting for later.

Drive - Will Schusterick
Approach - Will Schusterick
Putt - Will Schusterick
Swagger - Will Schusterick
Life In General - Will Schusterick
How to be a stud - Will Schusterick

Latest posts