• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Quickest ace?

harr0140

* Ace Member *
Diamond level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
I am curious who may have had the quickest ace to beginning the sport. I had my first last weekend 4 months and 9 days since I started the sport. I know I am not the winner, but I have been playing all sorts of different courses. Who has the quickest ace to starting the sport. When I say starting the sport I mean, throwing a disc at a basket for the first time ever!

Let me qualify my 4 months and 9 days by saying I played about 150 rounds in those 129 days.

I do have a secondary goal of averaging more than 1 round per day for my first year of playing. The math will forever be easy since I started on January 1st!

It took me two summers. (I play in minnesota and the cold cuts the season short) But, my first came on my fourth round into this season. I thought that was kinda crazy

i once played a round with this hs kid whod been playing for a couple weeks and was still in the throwin everything tomahawk faze and the first time he plays this blind hole (we pointed out about where the basket was) we hawks it 300ft ,above and through a buttload of branches and we all figure were gonna be searching awhile and we get up there and there it is in the basket.

normally im pretty pumped up when someone hits an ace on my card and get almost as excited as the thrower but having never hit an ace myself that one stung a little , sure i congratulated the dude without any sarcasm or malice in my voice but im sure i was thinking it .All n all he was i pretty cool dude and i woundnt say he deserved it so much but he wasnt being a douch about so i felt happy for him and gave him his props.

Here are the DG world records according to Gregg.

I contacted him once because I know someone who smoked one of those records but I guess you have to be in the good ol' boy club to be included.

My first ace only took me 8 years! Damn you all. I had a buddy that I took out to play. He was the natural athlete type. 1 month after taking him out for the first time he had 2 aces under his belt and could drive 425'. Ive been playing for 10+ years still only have 1 ace. Ive gotten close countless times but only had one stick.

About 7 years here, it definitely didn't help that my home course was a 9 hole course for most of that time frame and all of those holes are 300+

10 months for myself. though through my first couple of years i only played about one round every other week. then the light went on that said,"shortBus, you could really chew away many years of your life if you just dedicate yourself to the disc".....and i did. wo is me.

took me almost a year to hit my first then i rang off like 15 in 4 years...27 now in 15 years...and i play mostly courses where it isnt pitch and putt

My brother is one of those "it's just throwing a frisbee" types. I got him to go out and play with me once. He shot 18 over and I shot par. Needless to say, he disliked the game for a different reason now. Well, two months later, I convinced him to go play another round with me. Off the first tee(153ft, it think) he hit the top of the basket. I never would have heard the end of it if he made that shot. He went on the shoot 15 over.

I got mine after playing for two weeks. It was a 330' hole where you tee off directly behind a tree. To add a degree of difficulty, it was also at night. Sounds cool, but it sucks when you don't even get to see your first ace, only hear it. That was back in December, and I've yet to hit another. Although I've had 5 others hit metal but never stick.

A friend of mine hit one on his first round. What is now 15 at the Alex Clark in McKinney. I think it was hole 6 at the time so... 30 minutes?

Latest posts