• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Quitting Team Trilogy

them evil europeans again, dude and those evil geniuses from Lat. 64 and Westside and stuff, i am telling you, they are into something really suspicious. Just imagine them making stuff that actually is high Quality, to just milk the poor americans and get ALL of their Money! Muhahaha sweden gonna take over disc golf. Even Mcbeast stated in an interview that the USA have to pick up the pace when it comes to courses etc....

#growthesportbutonlyintheusaeverythingelseisjustpureevil

or maybe you guys just chill out and let people throw whatever the heck they want, without bxxxxxing about other people. Mind your own business, dg is a global sport and that is awesome, i really don´t get all of this hate, don´t you guys have other problems? Instead of raging about people falling in love with products that aren´t made in your homecountry you should go out and throw the stuff that you guys like and let others have their fun as well.

If you want to give your money away to people who are manipulating you with clever marketing techniques and using your money to fund development of the sport outside of our own country then keep buying the next best thing every month from Lat64.

If you want to grow the sport in the USA, start buying discs, bags, swag, etc from companies Like Innova, Legacy, Gateway, Prodigy, Discraft, MVP, GorillaBoy etc.
Ahh, faux patriotism at its finest. You sound like the guy who would pick a Chevy or Ford with Mexican parts you don't know about rather than buy a Toyota assembled in Mississippi by Americans.

Vast majority of people on here don't care about anything i just said and will flame the daylights out of me, i welcome it, it means i struck a nerve! :thmbup: Especially the people who have totally sold out to trilogy and want to denounce me for making them feel bad about their decisions. Bring the heat.
No, if you're gonna catch hell, its because of the hole in your logic about what's American made and what isn't. I've had an Innova Competition bag for about seven years now and I can pretty much assure you that for a measley $60 MSRP, the damned thing wasn't made in the U.S.A. But DD comes up with a similarly priced bag that we know is made overseas, they catch hell for it. Hypocrisy!

You also have to consider that plastics our discs are made out of are byproducts of the petroleum industry, and considering about 1/3 of our oil is imported, there's a good likelihood that much like our "American" cars, our American discs have source materials that came from elsewhere.

Yes its true, a lot of oil comes from elsewhere. Most of it comes from the Carboniferous Period. That's hundreds of millions of years ago.

I'd like to see the USA take over the entire world, then we wouldn't have these insipid threads.

Europeans understand Americans, they know that most of us are stupid and because of that we will do anything to get the latest, coolest, next best thing at any cost if it means we fit in and can be part of a group.

You do realize that Team Trilogy was created by American players right? Lat64 had no part in the creation of that fan club.

You do realize that Team Trilogy was created by American players right? Lat64 had no part in the creation of that fan club.

Yeah, but those overseas overlords manipulated the weak Americans minds into creating the club in the first place. They're always thinking 5 steps ahead.

And I thought it was a sponsorship?

I thought Team Trilogy were the peeps that knocked on my door on the ocassional Saturday Morning trying to get me to go to the local Mcmega Church. Relieved to find out Team Trilogy are just like minded DGenerates pimping their favorite plastic circles.

Finally some people are realizing 'Team Trilogy' for the scam it is..

Europeans understand Americans, they know that most of us are stupid and because of that we will do anything to get the latest, coolest, next best thing at any cost if it means we fit in and can be part of a group. Building up your false sense of security, herd mentality whatever you want to call it. You Team Trilogy guys are all being manipulated and your selling yourself to the brand, the Europeans know it, and anyone with half a brain still attached to their spine should know that. They are not supporting the sport in the USA, Majority of the money you are spending is leaving the USA and being spent in Europe to build beautiful courses and grow the sport overseas, don't take my word for it, do your own research and read about what Lat64 is doing overseas, then compare it to what they do here in the states. The Europeans don't care about us, but they know we have a lot of money and a more established market with sheep ready to be sheered.

If you want to give your money away to people who are manipulating you with clever marketing techniques and using your money to fund development of the sport outside of our own country then keep buying the next best thing every month from Lat64.

If you want to grow the sport in the USA, start buying discs, bags, swag, etc from companies Like Innova, Legacy, Gateway, Prodigy, Discraft, MVP, GorillaBoy etc.

Vast majority of people on here don't care about anything i just said and will flame the daylights out of me, i welcome it, it means i struck a nerve! :thmbup: Especially the people who have totally sold out to trilogy and want to denounce me for making them feel bad about their decisions. Bring the heat.

At least my local shops feel the same way and refuse to carry Lat64, i did my job :)

I'm sure Europe is well aware we are dumb, sheepish and full-O-$ but Team Trilogy was started by Americans and maybe a Canadian or 2. Also, the only monetary benefit you get from being on the "team" comes from DD, an american company. I'm not disagreeing with the fact that the Swedes are benefiting from it but I don't see how you can give them credit for it, TT appears to me to be a group of self herding sheep.

On the subject of Lat only growing the sport in Europe: What beautiful courses (your words not mine) has Innova built lately? You think American companies don't realize we are dumb and full of $? How many times has Innova released the same mold, in a new plastic or with a different stamp, on the factory story just to pull more $ from our wallets? How do you twist a company putting money into our sport into a negative. The Europeans have far more respect for DG as a sport than Americans despite it seeming to be far more popular here. When is the last time any of our American pros were showcased live on American television? 1993? The past 2 years Europe's biggest tournament has been broadcast live in multiple countries. Don't get me wrong I try to buy American when reasonable but giving money to American companies, who appear to do very little for the sport, to keep it out of the hands of foreigners, who you say are doing great things sounds just as sheepish as TT.

Europe is being flooded with hundreds of US disc golf dollars. They will soon rule the world.

Europe is being flooded with hundreds of US disc golf dollars. They will soon rule the world.

tumblr_mfyq4nH75A1rk8tvco2_r2_250.gif

Even Mcbeast stated in an interview that the USA have to pick up the pace when it comes to courses etc....

thats all you got out of his comments? he had alot more to say then just that.
about the 10:10 mark if i remember right.

No, if you're gonna catch hell, its because of the hole in your logic about what's American made and what isn't. I've had an Innova Competition bag for about seven years now and I can pretty much assure you that for a measley $60 MSRP, the damned thing wasn't made in the U.S.A. But DD comes up with a similarly priced bag that we know is made overseas, they catch hell for it. Hypocrisy!

You also have to consider that plastics our discs are made out of are byproducts of the petroleum industry, and considering about 1/3 of our oil is imported, there's a good likelihood that much like our "American" cars, our American discs have source materials that came from elsewhere.

What you fail to understand is that its not about where its made and thats not at ALL the point im trying to make, its about were the MONEY goes. For example some disc golf bag may be made in China for $6.50, but a US company is selling it for wholesale to a retailer and making $20 or more on every one, and also the Retailer is making a good cut for each one sold.

Also, I'm not telling you Innova is the best option, and i was trying to be impartial when i listed the companies... fyi, i do not and did not say i support Innova, i support other US Disc Manufacturers that i know are doing more for the sport in the US. I will take my chances and support the companies i beleive will improve and grow our sport.

In the end, disc golf in the USA would be better off if we all bought products from companies who manufacture discs within the US.. true, some companies will still take advantage of you and not spend a penny on growing the sport, but if the US companies don't have the money to grow the sport, they wont be able to do anything regardless.. at least give them a chance.

What you fail to understand is that its not about where its made and thats not at ALL the point im trying to make, its about were the MONEY goes. For example some disc golf bag may be made in China for $6.50, but a US company is selling it for wholesale to a retailer and making $20 or more on every one, and also the Retailer is making a good cut for each one sold.

Also, I'm not telling you Innova is the best option, and i was trying to be impartial when i listed the companies... fyi, i do not and did not say i support Innova, i support other US Disc Manufacturers that i know are doing more for the sport in the US.

In the end, disc golf in the USA would be better off if we all bought products from companies who manufacture discs within the US.. true, some companies will still take advantage of you and not spend a penny on growing the sport, but if the US companies don't have the money to grow the sport, they wont be able to do anything regardless.. at least give them a chance.

lmao!

Also, I'm not telling you Innova is the best option, and i was trying to be impartial when i listed the companies... fyi, i do not and did not say i support Innova, i support other US Disc Manufacturers that i know are doing more for the sport in the US. I will take my chances and support the companies i beleive will improve and grow our sport.

Are you aware of Dynamic Discs distribution center?

In your first post you made claims about "I'll get flamed for sharing the truth". That statement implies that anyone who pokes holes in your argument or even brings up points for debate is just being a hater.

If your point is truly sound, you should welcome debate, not label it blindly as flaming due to ignorance. Also, you ignored Brad Harris' point about everything with Team Trilogy being created by americans (and I believe Dusty who is a canadian).

In your first post you made claims about "I'll get flamed for sharing the truth". That statement implies that anyone who pokes holes in your argument or even brings up points for debate is just being a hater.

If your point is truly sound, you should welcome debate, not label it blindly as flaming due to ignorance. Also, you ignored Brad Harris' point about everything with Team Trilogy being created by americans (and I believe Dusty who is a canadian).

Re - quoting this because it is exactly what needs to be said. Well done, tampabay.

Also, in4d throws out that TT is somehow a "scam" and I fail to see how. At first I thought it sounded fishy, but I have seen the error of my knee jerk reactionary ways. I fail to see how anyone involved with TT is getting scammed.

Latest posts