• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Quitting Team Trilogy

Isn't walgreens an american based company? So if everyone did this wouldn't walgreens go out of business which in turn many americans would lose thier jobs? seems kind of counter productive.
Read the article. Walgreens is buying a Swiss company and attempting to use the "merger" to move their headquarters overseas. In the process they will deprive the US government of 4 billion dollars of tax revenue over the next 5 years. That money will have to come from somewhere else, probably our pockets. So no, I won't be shopping at Walgreens, and urge people to avoid them as well.

Read the article. Walgreens is buying a Swiss company and attempting to use the "merger" to move their headquarters overseas. In the process they will deprive the US government of 4 billion dollars of tax revenue over the next 5 years. That money will have to come from somewhere else, probably our pockets. So no, I won't be shopping at Walgreens, and urge people to avoid them as well.

In other news, Walgreens is expected to be paying 800 Million a year in taxes for the next 5 years :eek:

I'm not going to pretend to understand all the financials here, but I will suggest there's more than likely equal blame to be had here on the parts of Walgreens and the US Gov't

Yeah man, kind of a big loophole there. But leave it to Switzerland to be involved with shady financial dealings. Just wish my family had been in the banking industry in Lucerne before they came to the States :(

In other news, Walgreens is expected to be paying 800 Million a year in taxes for the next 5 years :eek:

I'm not going to pretend to understand all the financials here, but I will suggest there's more than likely equal blame to be had here on the parts of Walgreens and the US Gov't

:thmbup: Crazy to think there is a business reason behind it, maybe?! lol. Its no different than tiger woods changing his homestead address and where he gets bills sent'

Looks like Walgreens is sticking around now. All the bad press must have made them rethink the decision to move abroad....at least for now.

Yes professional athletes love playing for teams in Florida and Texas as there is not state tax.

On a side note just saw that walgreens is actually staying in US and moving to Chicago. Puck I think its OK to resume shopping at walgreens.

Yes professional athletes love playing for teams in Florida and Texas as there is not state tax.

And most of them who don't play in those states will still maintain a residence there for tax reasons. At Fenway, the players' parking lot is in plain view, every car has a FL license plate. I guess we should all stop supporting our favorite athletes if they're trying to take their tax revenue away from the state where they play. :rolleyes:

I don't honestly understand how people can say Innova doesn't do anything to grow the sport. To my knowledge they are the only disc manufacturer that contributes financially to the EDGE or a similar non-profit that aims to teach kids about disc golf. They sold baskets at cost for many years so park departments would be more likely to install a disc golf course. They have built many courses in Europe the past couple of years with their Disc Golf Park concept. They have financially supported the two tournaments that were broadcast live on national TV. They run the USDGC at a budget far higher than any benefits that they receive from sponsoring it. Innova is the reason the sport has grown so much. I wish people would give them the credit they deserve instead of trashing them.

And most of them who don't play in those states will still maintain a residence there for tax reasons. At Fenway, the players' parking lot is in plain view, every car has a FL license plate. I guess we should all stop supporting our favorite athletes if they're trying to take their tax revenue away from the state where they play. :rolleyes:

They still have to pay state taxes for every game they play in every other state. They home residence is the bulk of the tax break, but if they play in AZ/MN/any other state then they have to pay taxes there as well.

Sports accounting is a complex business, where "creative numbers" live, grow, get married, and have babies.

The signs tell you "Don't mess with Texas". If you can't figure it out, you deserve to get slapped.

The signs tell you "Don't mess with Texas". If you can't figure it out, you deserve to get slapped.

Don't mess with Texas was an anti-littering campaign that turned into a state slogan. Kind of funny if you think about that.

They still have to pay state taxes for every game they play in every other state. They home residence is the bulk of the tax break, but if they play in AZ/MN/any other state then they have to pay taxes there as well.

Sports accounting is a complex business, where "creative numbers" live, grow, get married, and have babies.

I understand that, it's very complex. But so is the economics of big business. My point was simply that if people are going to chastise a corporation for relocating it's base of operations, and the tax dollars that go with it, shouldn't they do the same for a professional athlete that's doing the exact same thing?

On the subject, I read an interesting piece from John Stossel on the "Buy American" idea. He basically says it's nonsense. The basis for his argument was that we're better off buying foreign-made products (especially low cost items) and cheap foreign labor. Doing this frees up more of our money to spend on high-price items and frees up the American labor force for more productive, and lucrative jobs.

You litter this fine Republic of Texas, you earn a slapping!

If that wasn't Texan enough for y'all, let me add that the highway beautification projects of the late great Lady Bird Johnson have made our roads the sweet slice of pecan pie and Blue Bell that they are.

Lol. I wasn't threatening a bitch slapping. I saw a cowboy down here do it. Straight backhand with his deer skin work glove on. It was ferocious and completely called for. The guy threw down a beer can and said f Texas.

He didn't even fight back, just got up off the ground and walked back to his car. Pretty sure he wet himself as well.

Back on topic; I see the team trilogy as a farm system. Why not sponsor someone you already know throws all trilogy well?

Latest posts