• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

RANT: Throwing over troubled water.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MonkeyShine

Par Member
I recently pulled a disc out of the local course's pond, while searching for my own, and took it upon myself to msg the guy whose number was on it, but I stirred up a f***ing hornets nest at the same time, and now I'm about fed up with all the BS I'm getting, so I'm taking the liberty to post here: IF YOU THROW YOUR DISC IN THE POND, ITS YOUR OWN DAMN FAULT AND THE NUMBER ONE PERSON YOU SHOULD BE MAD AT IS YOURSELF.

I've heard it all: "I played after work, and I didn't have time to change clothes, so I couldn't go in the pond", "The water was too cold", "The water is too gross", "I got in and looked but I couldn't find it".

YOU threw it in there and YOU gave up. The disc is NOT "lost", its "abandoned", and if you don't know the difference you need to understand those are legal terms and you should talk to a lawyer if you think a $5 piece of plastic is worth it.

A bit of context: I pulled a disc out while looking for my own. Two of the locals have taken it upon themselves to be the heroes and give everybody their discs back, and that's fine, but I pulled the disc out, so its MY responsibility to return it, not theirs. One of the guys hassles me about it non-stop for the next 10 minutes, and I tell him as I'm getting in my car, I'll text the guy, and if that doesn't work I'll try the locals' Facebook "lost and found" page (great idea, btw, if you're local community doesn't already have one you should do it).

The next day, I find out that the guy posted it on the Facebook page, in order to call me out. I replied back, its not your place to do that, besides, you're not supposed to tell people what it is, you ask them, did you lose anything? If they just lost it, they'll know what it is, but its possible they traded it away months ago.

Then I made a critical error. Since they jumped my a$$ and started threatening me, I responded, "I don't have to return it anyway. I CHOOSE to. When you try to force my hand you aren't giving me the opportunity to do it of my own free will."

Well, needless to say, they didn't like it that I said, "I don't have to," and I got several members of the community splattering Facebook with threats and insults. I guess I just have a way of getting into s*** with people that start s*** with people.

I understand, you want your disc back. But if you're not willing to go after it, you're gonna have to let it go, JUST LIKE I DO.

People say, "If it was your wallet, wouldn't you want it back?"

I DON'T THROW MY WALLET IN A F***ING POND! And then say, "I'll come back and get it tomorrow."

And listen, they've pulled 11x KC PRO EAGLES out of that pond. WHY WOULD YOU THROW THAT OVER WATER? Newbs don't throw $40 discs, advanced players do, and they should know better.

Hey, why don't I just leave my bag at the pavilion instead of taking up room in my trunk? After all, that's what people are using the pond for, temporary storage, I'll come back and get it later. Then I can get hacked off when my bag goes missing, threaten people, curse them, intimidate them.

People will call a phone number, but if there is no number, then they get to keep it. HUH? What crock-of-s*** lawyer told you that? You're not upholding the law, you're just using whatever ethics are convenient for you. If you didn't turn it in to the owner of the course, which is what the law states you should do, then you're just a vigilante at best.

And these same people will play a round with someone who smokes pot, IN PUBLIC, IN THE PRESENCE OF CHILDREN, and act like Captain F***ing America when a disc turns up.

If you have a disc, you have disposable income, so lighten up. If its your favorite disc, don't throw it where you could lose it. If you do, EAT IT. Its your own fault.

Last edited:
Was the lost disc in question a groove?

I think it is general consensus that you dont return grooves in order to protect the past owner. Here is an entire sleeve of SOME of them at our local PIAS. (yes those are all grooves!)

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMAG0081[1].jpg
    IMAG0081[1].jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 231
Last edited:
BTW OP, I pretty much agree with you, if I gave the wrong idea. I just know this topic isn't going anywhere as it's been absolutely beaten to death around here.

BTW OP, I pretty much agree with you, if I gave the wrong idea. I just know this topic isn't going anywhere as it's been absolutely beaten to death around here.

Well, I assumed it was a hot topic, but I had to rant about this particular instance. Yes, in the end, if I'm going to say $5 isn't worth it, then certainly my time is worth more than to keep on kicking a dead horse.

Was the lost disc in question a groove?

I think it is general consensus that you dont return grooves in order to protect the past owner. Here is an entire sleeve of SOME of them at our local PIAS. (yes those are all grooves!)

Lol. But hey, chances are if you throw Echo Star, you are probably throwing a little bit of some Grooves. One would imagine, anyway.

And "Yes", all the discs I pull out are Grooves. ALL of them ;)

I recently pulled a disc out of the local course's pond, while searching for my own, and took it upon myself to msg the guy whose number was on it, but I stirred up a f***ing hornets nest at the same time, and now I'm about fed up with all the BS I'm getting, so I'm taking the liberty to post here: IF YOU THROW YOUR DISC IN THE POND, ITS YOUR OWN DAMN FAULT AND THE NUMBER ONE PERSON YOU SHOULD BE MAD AT IS YOURSELF.

I've heard it all: "I played after work, and I didn't have time to change clothes, so I couldn't go in the pond", "The water was too cold", "The water is too gross", "I got in and looked but I couldn't find it".

YOU threw it in there and YOU gave up. The disc is NOT "lost", its "abandoned", and if you don't know the difference you need to understand those are legal terms and you should talk to a lawyer if you think a $5 piece of plastic is worth it.

A bit of context: I pulled a disc out while looking for my own. Two of the locals have taken it upon themselves to be the heroes and give everybody their discs back, and that's fine, but I pulled the disc out, so its MY responsibility to return it, not theirs. One of the guys hassles me about it non-stop for the next 10 minutes, and I tell him as I'm getting in my car, I'll text the guy, and if that doesn't work I'll try the locals' Facebook "lost and found" page (great idea, btw, if you're local community doesn't already have one you should do it).

The next day, I find out that the guy posted it on the Facebook page, in order to call me out. I replied back, its not your place to do that, besides, you're not supposed to tell people what it is, you ask them, did you lose anything? If they just lost it, they'll know what it is, but its possible they traded it away months ago.

Then I made a critical error. Since they jumped my a$$ and started threatening me, I responded, "I don't have to return it anyway. I CHOOSE to. When you try to force my hand you aren't giving me the opportunity to do it of my own free will."

Well, needless to say, they didn't like it that I said, "I don't have to," and I got several members of the community splattering Facebook with threats and insults. I guess I just have a way of getting into s*** with people that start s*** with people.

I understand, you want your disc back. But if you're not willing to go after it, you're gonna have to let it go, JUST LIKE I DO.

People say, "If it was your wallet, wouldn't you want it back?"

I DON'T THROW MY WALLET IN A F***ING POND! And then say, "I'll come back and get it tomorrow."

And listen, they've pulled 11x KC PRO EAGLES out of that pond. WHY WOULD YOU THROW THAT OVER WATER? Newbs don't throw $40 discs, advanced players do, and they should know better.

Hey, why don't I just leave my bag at the pavilion instead of taking up room in my trunk? After all, that's what people are using the pond for, temporary storage, I'll come back and get it later. Then I can get hacked off when my bag goes missing, threaten people, curse them, intimidate them.

People will call a phone number, but if there is no number, then they get to keep it. HUH? What crock-of-s*** lawyer told you that? You're not upholding the law, you're just using whatever ethics are convenient for you. If you didn't turn it in to the owner of the course, which is what the law states you should do, then you're just a vigilante at best.

And these same people will play a round with someone who smokes pot, IN PUBLIC, IN THE PRESENCE OF CHILDREN, and act like Captain F***ing America when a disc turns up.

If you have a disc, you have disposable income, so lighten up. If its your favorite disc, don't throw it where you could lose it. If you do, EAT IT. Its your own fault.

You sound butthurt. Own your decision. If you choose not to return it then just don't and be done with it. Don't make excuses or try to rationalize why you are right and post it on here.

You sound butthurt. Own your decision. If you choose not to return it then just don't and be done with it. Don't make excuses or try to rationalize why you are right and post it on here.

Where'd that happen? He texts the guy, and is about to post on FB when he gets jumped on FB ...

I agree with the OP...

...I agree with David (as long as he's being sarcastic)

...and I agree with this.

Well, it's not a "Are pond divers scum?" thread. It's a "People are a little oversensitive about pond diving scum" thread.

Maybe I missed the rash of those threads.

Well, it's not a "Are pond divers scum?" thread. It's a "People are a little oversensitive about pond diving scum" thread.

Maybe I missed the rash of those threads.

Lol. Sure, I guess you hit the nail on the head... with a glancing blow that bent the nail sideways, but since nobody's going to notice once the drywall is put up, we all decide, "Eh... f*** it"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts