• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Rare PIAS Finds

Last visit to our PIAS I picked up an 7/10 Augusta Wraith, a 6/10 CE Firebird and two 11x TBs (one was a CAL) for $10 each.

The pias in fairview heights ill bought this horriable domey 6 /10 11x eagle from me last year for 6 bucks came back in a couple hours later they wanted 25 bucks for it so I would imagine not all have great deals

Our buddy at PIAS bought a crazy lot from some dude the other day, all thrown less than 5x if not new:

CE FL
True Gummy Beast
Pro Line Monster
Pro Line Rhyno
10x KCP Gazelle
11x KCP Teebird

He prob paid $8-10 each for them, not sure. I bought the Gummy Beast (nicest one I've ever seen by far) and the PL Rhyno for a good deal and my buddy sold the other ones for him at a staggering profit. That was the best haul I've ever seen in person. I always thought these were myths until I saw it happen myself!

all the PIASs around here I've been to have very little used stuff and what the do have is usually pretty beat. I haven't found too much interesting. Best I came up with so far was a 8/10 Rancho roc and an old 150 class x-clone

its funny the pias around here has stacks of stolen walmart discs in the used bin. wally world out here carries some innova stuff and there are at least 60 of them in the used bin at pias. Other than that nada. I still go there every week expecting to see something, but no. Its good that its right across the street from work so i can go on my lunch. someday ill get it!!

Really? The ones here in N. KY are terrible. All I ever see are xouts or some quest garbage. Hardly any used selection.

I've been to the one by the Florence Mall and it was like walking into a disc golf hell. The one on Red Bank Road in Cincinnati has a pretty good used disc selection from time to time. I found an 8-8.5/10 first run buzzz there about four months ago for 6 bucks.

Awesome day at PIAS for me. This FR *D and a beadless star gator, both 7.5-8/10. Both came with the same red ink, so someone obviously sold these, they were not found then brought in.

Attachments

• FR *D Pink.jpg
    FR *D Pink.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 66
Recently picked up a totem pole Teebird (7/10) and a Pro Line Rhyno (6/10) for $5.

My last purchases from Play-It-Again:
175 CE Rhyno $9.99(Lost for $0)
180 Players Cup Buzzz SS $9.99(Sold for $30)
170 Pearly Champ Monster $9.99
180 Champion Shark $9.99
171 11X Eagle X $9.99

its funny the pias around here has stacks of stolen walmart discs in the used bin. wally world out here carries some innova stuff and there are at least 60 of them in the used bin at pias. Other than that nada. I still go there every week expecting to see something, but no. Its good that its right across the street from work so i can go on my lunch. someday ill get it!!

You know, that would make sense why at mine there is a TON of "nice" dx plastic that looks barely thrown. I know the local disc shop will field throw some discs and then mark them "used" but that's a whole different ball game as you know PIAS doesn't do that.

All that work though, for what $2? No thanks.

The pias in fairview heights ill bought this horriable domey 6 /10 11x eagle from me last year for 6 bucks came back in a couple hours later they wanted 25 bucks for it so I would imagine not all have great deals

Considering this is my PIAS and I'm the only one who values discs there, I think this information is false.

Hit up the PIAS on North Academy here and got some gems:

Circle Stamp Gazelle with Rainbow Stamp, used but real pretty..5 bucks
11x Champ Eagle...8 bucks
11x KC Pro Cheetah, pearly...5 bucks.

Great finds. The other PIAS here in the Springs has a much better selection of new discs, but they tend to overproce their used discs, with the exception of the Lynx I got there for 15 bucks.

not quite play it again. but picked up a nice BS buzzz and a first run CE TL off the mexicans in berkeley who fish em out the water for 8 bucks total!

Considering this is my PIAS and I'm the only one who values discs there, I think this information is false.

Not false sir I sold you guys about 8 or 9 discs and a gateway starter bag there were two of you working in there, it had a bad dye job that made it hard to find ink on the bottom of a smiley face smokin a joint traded in mostly cfr discs I remember pretty well and it was deffently a domey p.o.s,i think for all the discs and bag I got 30 sumthing bucks, which equated into two used pro katanas, a used wizard, and and a new pro shark......if your the same guy we had a good laugh about the squirrel stamp on a z force I traded in as well

Last edited:
Not false sir I sold you guys about 8 or 9 discs and a gateway starter bag there were two of you working in there, it had a bad dye job that made it hard to find ink on the bottom of a smiley face smokin a joint traded in mostly cfr discs I remember pretty well and it was deffently a domey p.o.s,i think for all the discs and bag I got 30 sumthing bucks, which equated into two used pro katanas, a used wizard, and and a new pro shark......if your the same guy we had a good laugh about the squirrel stamp on a z force I traded in as well

I guess those guys decided to keep that one for themselves...The squirrel stamp on the other hand was classic.

IMG_20120919_140215.jpg

recent finds at the local PIAS $9 each

"The Groove Shack" number and a basket..
who names their disc golf store after a crappy disc? Thinking about calling and seeing if they are still open