• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Rare PIAS Finds

I have no clue what they are worth, but if it's a drive then it has to be cheaper to have him mail it to you. if I had to guess (and it's just a guess) I'd say $20ish.. for a good idea you'd have to ask someone like prerube or apdrvya.

Went shopping today. Managed to get a 170 Pro Rhyno dyed 8/10 for $6, a first run Elite Pro XL (ink, but still a 8/10) $9 and a Buzzz-GT (going to try and acetone the ink off, 8/10) $10 at PIAS.

not a PIAS find, but today i snagged a like-new pair of vasque hiking boots (vibram soles) for 9 bucks. checked them out when i got home - 150ish new!

Saw the used bin had a lot of discs in it, so decided to rummage through. Ours never really has any thing special either, but figured I would try. Came across this for $5..
20121126_162650-1.jpg

Found a beatup first run pro teebird... and that's actually the only thing of value I've ever found in the one in Ft Worth.... Usually it's just crap.

Found a beatup first run pro teebird... and that's actually the only thing of value I've ever found in the one in Ft Worth.... Usually it's just crap.

First run pro teebirds aren't worth anything special...they were made out of a sweet feeling but terribly fragile blend of pro plastic that starts to peel instead of chunk when it gets beat up.

First run pro teebirds aren't worth anything special...they were made out of a sweet feeling but terribly fragile blend of pro plastic that starts to peel instead of chunk when it gets beat up.

Lol I know this, but really it's the only thing even remotely "rare" lol I bought it just because I wanted it. Now I don't want it anymore, finding a buyer or trade for it being in crap condition will be tough... Maybe I'll do a package deal lol

I did find an older run Z flick that is flexible.... Idk if it's a misprint or something... It's realllly flexible.

Last edited:
Got two mailing list emails from PIAS for my area's stores. Each had a printable coupon for 50% off ANY ITEM (max $100 off). Picked up 2 new overpriced Innova Sports reg at $199 for only $100 each.

never anything at my local pias or what i call P.O.S.sports.. God what i would give to get a kc pro cheetah again. I miss my green 175 that was stolen from me on the local course.

Got a 175 11x kc pro teebird for 6 bucks. All used discs are 6 bucks at Wichita. Also picked up a champ valk and star vulcan as well. Passed on two circle stamp eagles due to condition.

Havent had much luck. But circle and bar stamps are pretty common. Good way to pick up a nice conditioned disc as long as you dont mind ink.

Got a 175 11x kc pro teebird for 6 bucks. All used discs are 6 bucks at Wichita. Also picked up a champ valk and star vulcan as well. Passed on two circle stamp eagles due to condition.

I did grad school at Wichita State and wish I would've gotten into DG when there! So reading this makes me slightly sad.

I picked up a lightly used, black, Elite Storm for 3.99 few weeks ago at my local PIAS. What a sweet mid-range add to my bag.:thmbup:

Something that's not "rare" but it is rare to find in the PIAS used bin.... a pink 175g SSS Wizard beautifully beaten in for $5. Best believe I picked that up.

Latest posts