• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Rare PIAS Finds

PET is a plastic polymer, polyethylene something with a T. Usually made from recycled plastic bottles. My company makes rug fiber from it.

Wonder if that was the plastic they used?

Definitely PCT

Strange features with rings of micro beads before the big bead and the super prominent parting line.

I had my fun, gotta go..

That's definitely a Touch then. That's much better than I could've described the bead.

Last edited:
Found an old barstamped Archangel in good condition. A few other old stamps too, I think maybe my pias had somebody tut in a bunch of his old stuff at once. DX Gazelle with old circle stamp was the only think I actually picked up.

PET is a plastic polymer, polyethylene something with a T. Usually made from recycled plastic bottles. My company makes rug fiber from it.

Wonder if that was the plastic they used?

Very close... PET = Polyethylene Terephthalate;)
My company makes insulating films for power generation equipment out of PET...

Chemistry aside, I think the Touch actually reads PCT. So, I'm (also) guessing it means Proto-Cam Todd.

I liked the touch. Still have one proto and a liquid. The liquid was an amazing driving putter. A lot like a Proxy in flight. They never did fail in a grippy plastic I actually liked to putt with though.

I liked the touch. Still have one proto and a liquid. The liquid was an amazing driving putter. A lot like a Proxy in flight. They never did fail in a grippy plastic I actually liked to putt with though.

Every time someone admits their past experience with Salient brand discs, it always feels a little cringy, like listening to someone state they were once a member of the kkk or something.

At least you are reformed now. :p

Made my first run to a PIAS in a looong time. I'll be back...soon.

Scored these for 35 bucks

SE(?)/Climo 175 Leopard - not sure what run this is, but it's definitely one of the weird early hybrid plastics
175 Z Cyclone - like new, love putting this in the "stable Gazelle" slot
173 Z Cyclone - a little beat, but has a Tiger Hawk stamp
174 Medium Solace - stable as ****, still glidey for what it is
172 1/2 and 1/2 (med/firm) 2013 Memorial Ascent - this thing feels fantastic, only thrown it a few times. It's on the stable side of the Ascent runs.

35 bucks. **** yeah.

ancx0i.jpg

3.99$. !! Sweet mildly loved no ink Yeti 'Basket Dragger' tour support disc. 4 years ago? Not nearly enough were made.

12 pack trade to a buddy later this week.

... never enough pics in this thread

I bought a blue swirl 3 line AJ destroyer marked *ds for $9 today. It's thrown but probably 8/10 easy. What's that worth?

Found a Star Whippet and a TC Elasto Sampo at the PIAS today.

Hadn't seen a premium Whippet. It's got a good rim feel, but an enourmous dome. Only $9 and new or close so I had to try it. The Sampo was in good shape and $8. It's the only TC disc I ever regretted not trying so I wanted to fling one, especially now that the Elasto plastic is OOP.

Pretty pumped.

You can get Star Whippet X on the factory store...Those things are stupid beefy, you would probly love it.;)

Last edited:
You can get Star Whippet X on the factory store...Those things are stupid beefy, you would probly love it.;)

That's what this guy is, but it was half the factory store price so I jumped on it. Huge dome but it makes it more glidey it seems.