• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

rate and help my bag

buggzbrown

Ok, so i've been playing for a couple years now and then but this year i've been going all in playing nearly every day. I've built a bag that i feel has a disc for every shot but sometimes it feels like i carry too many molds or too many different weights. Any pros out there or anyone good in general I'd just like an overall review of my bag, what i might take out to slim it down or what could bolster it to make it better. Keep in mind i do only throw discraft simply because i feel they have the most quality plastics and the most consistent discs out of the box. So here it is.

--Drivers--
-AvengerSS, FLX, 170g
-Avenger, FLX, 174g
-Flick, EliteZ, 150g

--Fairway Drivers--
-Zombee, EliteZ, 172g
-Glide, EliteZ, 170g

--Midrange--
-Buzzz, EliteZ, 176g
-Drone, FLX, 178g,
-Meteor, ESP, 168g
-Impact, ESP, 168g

--Putters--
Magnet, ProD, 174g
MagnetSoft, ProD, 174g

Any replies are appreciated good or bad, ALSO please dont say try other brands, i like this brand i wont change

Hi i haven't thrown the Zombee but isn't it and the Glide really mids? XL is the fairway driver from Discraft. FLX XL is way different and much more overstable than the others from what i hear about the others. You have so many mids that overlap and picking up a proper disc may be an issue. It should be possible to cover every mid range shot with 3 molds. Or two with new and worn versions of say a Buzz plus the Drone for winds.

JR said:
Hi i haven't thrown the Zombee but isn't it and the Glide really mids? XL is the fairway driver from Discraft. FLX XL is way different and much more overstable than the others from what i hear about the others. You have so many mids that overlap and picking up a proper disc may be an issue. It should be possible to cover every mid range shot with 3 molds. Or two with new and worn versions of say a Buzz plus the Drone for winds.

No technically the zombee and glide are "long range drivers" or fairway drivers. and really only have three mids i never throw the impact since that and the buzz is about the same disc, but i have dron for over stable buzz for stable and meteor for under.

I remember when the Glide came out and back then it was called a midrange. XL in other plastics than FLX should be a better fairway driver than the ones you have. Although people have liked the Zombee i have not tried it out. It is odd that after years of ace races with mids and putters Discraft would make AR disc to be a FW.

I know a long time player that uses a Glide as his main driver. I think he's crazy, but it works for him. I was shocked how far I could throw it. Good bit longer than my mids.

Zombee, Glide and Impact are really tweener discs. You could call them long mids or short drivers. doesn't really matter what you call a disc only what lines you throw with it.

that being said you could probably live without the Impact. Everything else in your bag looks fine.

I take it you live in Michigan or somewhere near the great lakes.

Glides go really far, they flip up pretty easy, but they are easy to power down on too with some finesse.

keltik said:
Zombee, Glide and Impact are really tweener discs. You could call them long mids or short drivers. doesn't really matter what you call a disc only what lines you throw with it.

that being said you could probably live without the Impact. Everything else in your bag looks fine.

I take it you live in Michigan or somewhere near the great lakes.

Nope i Live in illinois slightly west of chicago

Latest posts